Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Career Beat that applies to most peopel

So whats the deal with all the peopel out there with low paying medicore jobs. Are msot of you just content making less than 250k, and even that really is not alot. If your'e going to work why not do something high paying so at least you can retire early/ do what you want in your free time and not have to worry about money.

Maybe I'm biasis because I've come from a fairly affluent family, but I'll still can not see how some peopel are content with the jobs. Its really a matter a how hard your work. My brother a cousin and brother are both under 30 and are making 500k a year on walstreet as investment bankers, and will most likley making over 1 mil in the next couple years, and possibly much more if they are able to get a job working for a hedgehund. I'm still in school so I geuss I don't really know what it is like, but I'm interested to hear from those of you that see peopel making 20 years younger making many times your slary, and be ok with that
Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Career Beat that applies to most peopel

but how much did you lose?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your'e going to work why not do something high paying so at least you can retire early

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good question.

God damn idiot teachers/researchers/police/community service reps/etc. really need to get their priorities in line.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 PM

It's cute how detached you are from reality.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:45 PM

yeah those lazy bastards.
I'm sure there are some third world resources and populations that haven't been fully exploited yet.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:45 PM

Yeah, whats wrong with you peopel . Be smart like OP peopel
Old 10-23-2006, 11:46 PM

I guess its at least understand able the peopel that actually make a signigicant postive impact on society. What I was mainly taking about the peopel who work in jobs that really don't help society out all that much, or are in the jobs compleyley becaues they need the money, not because they want the help anyone
Old 10-23-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess its at least understand able the peopel that actually make a signigicant postive impact on society. What I was mainly taking about the peopel who work in jobs that really don't help society out all that much, or are in the jobs compleyley becaues they need the money, not because they want the help anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there just aren't that many high-paying jobs available? Society can only support so many people making 200k+ a year. At a certain point these jobs require more than work: you need real ability in whatever field it is: law, medicine, business, finance. You can't just take an average Joe who wants the money and work really hard and expect to get it. Sure, he might, but take 10 Totally Average People who work their butts off and 9.5 of them just aren't getting the big bucks. Probably more.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:53 PM

haha be RICH like op people
Old 10-23-2006, 11:54 PM

I understand that society can only support so many high paying jobs, and that most peopel cant' have them. My question is how most people can be satified not being one of the people.