Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 07:50 PM

Default stud 8: low hand, lots of action

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (11.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (7.58 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (11.58 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (17.58 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises

Total pot: (23.58 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $1420 | Rake $3

Hero: [7c 4h 5d 8c 2c Js Qc] (HI: high card Queen; LO: 8,7,5,4,2)

Seat 4: [Kd Kh 4d Qd Jd Tc As]

Seat 8: [3d 5s 3h 3s Jh 4s 4c] (HI: a full house, Threes full of Fours)

</font>
Old 10-23-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: stud 8: low hand, lots of action

For god's sake raise fourth.

For god's sake raise fifth.

Jam the river.

Talk me into taking a shot at 30/60.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:12 PM

You played third street well.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:09 PM

I think limping 3rd street is fine since your hand is relatively dead and there are lots of low cards left to act. 4th street is an easy bet (it looks like Seat 1 either made a loose call on 3rd street from the bring-in, or paired, either way you have the current best low draw with 4 cards to scoop), and 5th street an easy raise with a lock on the low and a gutshot. I would want to charge seat 3 a double bet to draw to his low or fold his hand, both of which are good results, since your hand is fairly vulnerable, despite being the current nuts. 6th again you should be jamming for the same reason. On the river I would bet and hope for a call and overcall from two high hands, since I highly doubt that Seat 8 is checking a low hand here, and so there is very little risk in getting scooped. It would be normal for him to bet out if he hit his low, worrying that it might get checked around if he checks.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 AM

Why no raise on fifth?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:44 AM

Third's fine. On fourth, when 32 fails to raise, he looks kinda weak. Perhaps he paired up. I think you have enough hand here to raise.

Failure to raise fifth street approaches crime-against-humanity territory. You have a board lock, and with those pretty suited boards, your opponents are quite likely to come along for the ride. If you knock someone out, that's OK too. It increases your chances of scooping if you snag a Six.

And why check the river?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:19 AM

On the river, I was playing for half the pot and had a very weak low. I was afraid seat 8 might have a better low. That's also why I didn't jam when it got raised.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, I was playing for half the pot and had a very weak low. I was afraid seat 8 might have a better low. That's also why I didn't jam when it got raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seat 8 donkbet fifth showing 33J. Unless he has a chimpanzee hitting the buttons at random for him, he doesn't have a low.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On fourth, when 32 folds, he looks kinda weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:50 PM

missed bets everywhere.

2461badugi,

i have a hypothetical question for fourth where you want a raise. let's say you raise the Q4's bet and if the 23 makes it 3 bets, you call and see what happens right? then on fifth, what should you do if you both catch good or both catch bad?

and what would you do if you called the Q4's fourth street bet and got raised by the 23? would you call if it's one more bet coming back to you? would you fold if it's two more bets?