Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 01:29 PM

Default People who bet the minimum

So am I the only one who cant stand it when a 4 or 5 way pot gets checked around and then the guy that acts last bets 25 cents into a 5 dollar pot. I know its a free card if you need one, but the games are slow enough as it is. I guess im just venting. Oh yeah and I love it when somebody scoops a pot with a set of twos when u have the uncounterfittable nut low draw on the flop with a draw to the nut flush
Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: People who bet the minimum

This one time, at poker camp.......I had pocket Kings....
Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 PM

The $0.25 bettors are usually making a feable attempt to bluff the pot. Or, they have some long shot draw & can't stand to let the street get checked around.

It is an irratating nusance to have these players in the game. They are usually the same players that buy-in for the absolute minimum. (a) they are scared to bet big in case they loose (that's why the B-I mini), (b) since they B-I small, they won't have money to bet later in the hand, if they are all-in before the river.

Many times they are playing the Pot-limit are No-limit O8b game because they want to tell their friends they play big-bet poker.

What you should do! With a good two way hand or draw, pop-it for a full bet (C-R) occassionally.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:32 PM

you know someone is an idiot when they bet 0.25 into a $5 pot on the button. the bet has little/no upside since it's 1) too small to generate any kind of fold equity 2) too small to get value out of a big hand and 3) too small to increase the size of the pot. the downside of course is that it exposes the button to a check/raise. nothing makes me happier than to check it in EP hoping to check/raise and the moron button bets the min. he could have taken a free card, but instead gets check/raised, lol.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:35 PM

i'll tell you what pisses me off more than that, is when i raise it pre-flop and get some callers behind me. the flop misses me for the most part, and then some guy leads out for either the minimum or a very small bet. i can't raise because there are too many people left to act behind. but i hate calling because it forces me to show weakness to the people behind me. but i'm getting huge pot odds so i have to call. a thinking aggressive opponent should be able to steal the pot from both of us. and it's the min-bettors fault for exposing us to that kind of thievery.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:54 PM

yeah usually I have found that these people are chasing a backdoor low. It's funny though, half the time if you check raise them they'll call a pot sized bet, but they won't bet the pot. If the turn is another high card making no low possible they'll almost always fold unless they think they're bottom two pair is good. I just hate it cuz it makes the game slower because all the other fish in the hand take 20 seconds apiece to decide if they like their redicuolus pot odds they're getting.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:29 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Rolf Slotboom is right.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This one time, at poker camp.......I had pocket Kings....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-22-2006, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rolf Slotboom is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

about?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:45 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolf Slotboom is right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Minimum raises really piss off the other players. He was talking about PLO high but it seems to cross over to PLO/8. His book is really good but it is for PLO High.