Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 02:14 PM

Default My XP with Party Poker....kinda long...but worth reading

I dont really think this belongs here but this is the main area i read in the forums..

So i decided to go to a diff site (was on Royal Vegas)...I was in a tossup b/t PP and doyles room.. I liked doyles b/c of the deaper stacks and the 35% depo bonus was looking nice...But PP has so many fish at the 11's and that was very tempting also: they showed to have a 20% signup bonus when i pulled the software up (in one of those popup boxes)..

Well i decided to go to PP...i made a deposit adn used the bonus code....guess what??? no bonus....i decidded to call them to see why...they said they dont have any bonus right now.. i told them i got it off a popup when i loaded the software and he said it is expired.. they didnt give it to me...

Well i thought about it soem and decided to w/d and go to doyles... I did the w/d then recieved an email saying they were concerened b/c i didnt play on the site and was already w/ding my money..they said i would hve to contact them to get it processed....

so i called and talked to someone in the investigations team. he then told me i would have to send them a copy of my CC to get it processed.. I asked him why and he said b/c i didnt play on the site at all.. I asked him if i played if i could w.d then, and he sayed yes.. I think this kinda made me mad and i told him if it wasnt for the poor customer service i experieced b/4 i wouldnt be withdrawing anyway, then i told him he isnt making my PP experience any better by doing this.. He said "sir were not a bank, we are a business and are here to make money also"...wow this ticked me off.. i asked for a supervisor and he said "he will tell you the same thing"....so i talked to a supervisor and he wasnt very polite either.. he said basically the same thing (not the bank thing)..he said w/o playing or sedning my cc then there is no way i can get the money back...so i broke down and sent my cc via email (blocked middle 8 of cc)...he said it would take 4-5 hours for them to get it and process it....

3 hours later i get an email saying to process the w/d i would have to send them a copy of my cc and a letter of aknowledgment saying i authorized the deposit....wow i was ticked....

i called and talked to the same guy and he said i havtnt sent my cc info in.. i then read the email to him that said they did rec the cc info.. he said ok then processed the w.d........

i know i am rambling but with the customer service i recieved from these people i will never never play there....

sorry about the long post. jsut though someone here may wanna hear about this..
Old 01-02-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: My XP with Party Poker....kinda long...but worth reading

If you think it's news that PP has some of the worst customer service out there, it's not. We already know. Doesn't stop us from playing there though.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:22 PM

wrong forum
Old 01-02-2006, 02:23 PM

Party does suck. They have been holding up a withrawal of mine for 4 or 5 days now, always saying there is no problem and it will happen in, first in 24-48hrs, later saying within 24hrs. I'm not the only one getting this treatment right now.

He's right, they are not a bank. They don't pay interest. They should love to hold people's money.

I've heard of them wanting ID like a driver's license, but a copy of your credit card sounds like too much. You didn't fund the account with this credit card, did you?
Old 01-02-2006, 02:30 PM

yeah i did use the cc to fund it...but they didnt want a copy of it when i made the deposit did they- :P
Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 PM

i dont blame them at all for this. this just "looks" like you trying to get a cash advance from your credit card without having to pay any of the fees. Not saying thats what it is, but thats not what they are there for. I have never had any problems with PP btw.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont blame them at all for this. this just "looks" like you trying to get a cash advance from your credit card without having to pay any of the fees. Not saying thats what it is, but thats not what they are there for. I have never had any problems with PP btw.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it a cash advance if the deposit is going right back to the credit card?

The kicker in all of this is that the 20% bonus (when there was one) couldn't be cleared by playing SNGs. I found that out only after making my deposit. Like others, however, I've found the $22s are more than making up for the "lost" bonus.

Oh, and the non-refreshing lobby is a bit maddening.