Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Live 15/30, 3bet FD + GS

Game is loose. I have a tight image. Two limp. I limp 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] MP. Two more limp. SB completes. BB raises.

BB plays very weak post flop. His range here is JJ+ & AK. (All call)

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets. 1 fold. Next player raises (He plays wild, has same read on BB, and his raise here could mean just about anything).
I 3bet. 3 fold. BB looks upset then calls. Next player calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

They both check...

(Comments on both streets please)

- Tybo
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Live 15/30, 3bet FD + GS

Definitely bet. That A is a scare card for anyone with a decent pair. Against only 2 other players, you have enough fold equity that this is a good spot to bet -- and if you're called, so what? You have plenty of outs to improve on the river.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:33 PM

I don't like the three-bet on the flop. Let all those other folks in. Since the pot is so large they will probably be calling the two bets with overcards but not three bets. As played, I agree with private joker that you should be betting this turn.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:07 PM

If we are 3 popping this flop then I think we need to take the free card that we bought. I don't think we have that much FE against a preflop raiser who call two cold on the flop and a ep guy who raised the preflop raiser. Sure we have a lot of equity, but not enough to justify a bet, especially since this A could just have easily hit the bb.

I think I prefer a flop cc to induce some of the guys still left to act to call. I also don't want to blow teh bb out just yet.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 PM

Sack -- I think the BB's play on the flop indicates JJ/QQ more so than AK. If he does have a big pair, then the A is a scare card for him, and he thinks "well sh*t, even if they don't have a 5, now they got an A. I gotta lay this down."
Old 10-19-2006, 11:21 PM

I'm with joker--betting turn has decent fold equity.

3-betting the flop has merit--it's all about buying fold equity. But it's also OK just to call to let people in and build the pot.

ETA: I just want to add that you really would never 3-bet the flop intending to take a free card on the turn. That's just too much to pay for the card. From an equity standpoint you're way better off just calling the flop. But by playing aggressively you can often buy the pot on the turn with a continuation bet, especially if a scare card hits.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:09 PM

I agree with Joker and CPK that as played I need to bet this turn. I thought there was a very good chance of getting this heads up with the maniac, and given my image with him, a very good chance of taking this down unimproved. I just couldn't decide if it was better to go ahead and make a play for the pot on the flop, or to just call and try to bring others along for the ride.

I bet the turn and the BB called...

I felt like now I had to be pretty much done with this hand unless I improved.