Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 12:22 PM

Default San Diego @ Kansas City

At the start of the week i really thought that this would be a routine roll over for san diego but the more i think about the game the more i think that KC might spring an upset, or at least lose by less than 5. Is san diegos D really as good as advertised? Is Kansas secondary that bad? Can Rivers exploit it? The thing that worries me most about taking SD here is that fact that KC is coming off the back of a stuffing from pittsburgh and we all know how most teams react to that. Id imagine herm edwards will have his boys ready to go. The game before last KC did recover a 14 point deficit in arizona which after what the cards did to the bears for 3quarters looks like a reasonable comeback. It really is make or break time for the chiefs this season and i think theyll be up for this one in a big way. What ya'll think? I know a lot of you like the chargers this year, i just think there might be a lot of value with KC here, correct me if im worng!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: San Diego @ Kansas City

IMO laying 5 on the road vs. a decent division rival who is desparate for a win is silly. It reeks of the first Philly-Dallas game last year.

I know Rivers & Leinart have looked good so far and I like 'em as much as the next guy, but I think people are grossly overestimating the probability based on a couple good games that such young QB's are going to perform well on a weekly basis.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:35 PM

Thats what im thinking.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 PM

On the other hand KC has beaten some very weak opponents and has no wins against any good teams. They had a close game with the Broncos in Denver but Denver's offense hasn't been all that great. I shy away from road favorites in divisional rivalry games as well. IMO the Chargers playing their 'A' game should cover but I concede the Chargers will be more than happy just to win the game.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:28 PM

I see Green is out again this weekend, so I like the odds we're getting with KC. Looks like Bodog might have the best line for KC right now.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:26 PM

RE, Igor Olshansky, out for Chargers (3-4 weeks, Knee surgery). He is strong against the run. Foley was the lineback on weak side behind him before he got shot. So that's Phillips in for Foley (pass rush over run stop) and now Jacque Cesar will replace Igor, good pass rush, weaker run stop.

Can Larry Johnson exploit this? He has done well against stingy run defense of Bolts in past, especially at home. So KC might score some points.

Steeler recievers wide open last week. No Marty ball this week. Personally, I would stay away from this game. BUT OVER IS STRONG PLAY, IMO. Sometimes you just have to watch the QB play, not just say, Matt Leinart young, Rivers is young, they had some good games. Rivers passer rating is #1 in AFC, he is in his third year, and he will likely improve as the year goes on. Watch him play. I know some of you guys are sick of me on this Rivers kick, but Bolts 4-1 ATS, #1 scoring offense, fact is, I have been right so far.