Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 09:47 AM

Default Flopping Trips

FW 1/2 NL table. I've been at the table for about 45 minutes to an hour, no solid reads on anyone, just some hunches on people.

I'm on the button.

There were 6 calls to me, I had Jh7h I call on the button, SB calls, BB raises 15 more. UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, I call getting about 5-1, SB calls. Flop comes 7s7c2c. Checks all the way around to me on the button, I lead out with bet of 30. BB raises all in MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Now the bets to me.

BB has me covered, I have MP1 covered by like $5.

At this point I'd say there's about 400 or so in pot. So i need to call about 110.

What should I do here? What would other players do?

I'll post results later on.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Flopping Trips

shove in all day long

BB was the original raiser. Do you think he raised up to $15 with 22, Q7, K7, or A7 (the only hands that beat you)? Do you think MP1 has one of those hands?

I think we can safely eliminate Q7 and K7 from either of their hands. That leaves 22 and A7 as the only hands that beat you at this point.

If there is $400 in the pot and it is $110 to you to call, you are getting 3.6:1 on your money.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:05 AM

I'd fold preflop after the BB raises. Your preflop call is so-so (the 2nd one, the 1st one is perfect).

Flop is easy call. I'd probably spill my beer in drunken ecstasy while trying to get my chips in the middle.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:26 PM

You really think the 15 call is bad in this spot? I'm getting 5-1, with a small blind call im 6-1, and Im on the button. I know that J7 suited is not exactly optimal, but if I hit this flop, with two pair, or a set or a flush, I'm gonna win a pot of at least 90. I think the fact I'm on the button adds a lot to this call.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:28 PM

If you've ever played FW 1/2 NL, you would know that calls in this spot or raises in this spot with 2's or A7 suited are not only possible, but I think are somewhat likely.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:33 PM

I think you're beating BB ~100% of the time.

MP1 is a little scarier, but the hands he's limping with preflop are probably 87s, 97s, 76s, etc. Yeah, maybe A7s or something, but whatever.

In any case, easy call with those odds IMO.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think the 15 call is bad in this spot? I'm getting 5-1, with a small blind call im 6-1, and Im on the button. I know that J7 suited is not exactly optimal, but if I hit this flop, with two pair, or a set or a flush, I'm gonna win a pot of at least 90. I think the fact I'm on the button adds a lot to this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, fair enough. I am not going to argue too much here, but if this was your thought process preflop, what the hell did you want to hit when calling with those odds? Sometimes you will be beat, but I definately think you are way ahead at least 1 out of the 3 times you need to be to call.

-Jaxx
Old 10-19-2006, 01:40 PM

This is an easy call.

BB rarely has you beat. Did he really raise into a crowd of limpers with 22 or A7?

I could definitely see AK of clubs play this way though.

MP's call is a little bit more worrysome. Any reads on him?

Even if he isn't a donk, you still have to call. Your jack kicker is beating a lot of his possible range (97s, 87s, 76s, etc...) If MP is bad this makes the call even easier.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:01 PM

The consensus seems to be this is a pretty easy call.

It was hard for me, I thought about it for a little while, and then i finally realized that I had to call.

The BB showed AT of clubs, and the MP showed Kc2h.

When the MP said he had a 2, I thought he meant a pocket pair of deuces, but he made that call with just a pair of deuces.

My set held up, and I took down about a 500 pot.

And these are the reasons I love the FW 1/2 table. I guess these are the same reasons I hate the tables sometimes too.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM

nice pot, and yes that is one of the easier calls in the game