Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 02:52 AM

Default KK 5 /10 big pot

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Mp2 is passiveish and semiloose but he reraises and caps light preflop.
MP3 is passive 28/7/1 over 150 hands. BB is semi-loose and passive about same stats as MP3.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (16.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (20.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls...

Would you do anything different ? I really didnt like that river club, but i thought maybe the 9:es counterfeited a two pair. I thought the pot was to big to fold. BB called 3 cold on the flop, that was kinda worrying,

Would anybody raise a safe turn instead of flop ? Fold river?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:08 AM

Default Re: KK 5 /10 big pot

That's tough. I'd kind of like to raise the turn, because folding an ace would be a very good thing. However, getting 3-bet would suck-- the pot's big enough to draw to a set after that, but who knows if a set even wins it at this point?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:12 AM

preflop
good

flop
Often, when the pot is very large on the flop, it becomes correct to wait until the turn to put in a raise. However, this isn't one of those times. You have MP2, and MP3 giving really heavy action so you know that they can't be bullied.
You'd like the BB to fold if he has an ace or a four or five or a two or a three.

1 is a low AF, but not super low for a 28vpip player, so MP3's action on the flop doesn't scare the daylights out of me. I'd 3 bet here for value, and hope to muscle out the BB.
Calling the flop cap is automatic.

Turn
OK, so MP3 capped the flop and BB isn't going anywhere. It looks like we're behind, and we can't protect our hand, so we shouldn't raise. MP3 usually has a set here, but that doesn't mean you can fold. We're basically enslaved to the big pot.

River
Looks good. Basically ditto from the turn. The club is gross, but the pot is gigantic, so you have to call. If BB checkraises, a fold is definitely in order though.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:14 AM

who is folding the Ace? The BB? He called 3 cold on the flop, so I don't see him going anywhere. I don't like raising the turn.