Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM

Default 3 bet on turn Just call down?

Villain is 30/15/1.5

I keep calling down in these spots and it seems I am never good. Is folding river UI a option in these situations?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-18-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 3 bet on turn Just call down?

Decide if you're good 1:5. If you are, call down. If not, decide if getting 10:1 to spike on the river is good enough to call the turn.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:52 AM

I would fold to the flop raise. After the turn 3-bet, we're drawing dead way too often to continue.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:05 AM

as played I think you have to fold the river UI, but if you have specific reads (other than stats) I can dig calling down. you wont win often though.

However, I don't think you should check-raise the turn here. His flop raise means a PP or 2 overs representing an overpair right? ( a draw is possible though ) By raising the turn your overplaying your hand (it looks like JJ+/set etc) and will probably only get action from better hands. You're kinda turning your hand into a bluff. Its much better IMO to catch Villains bluffs.

I would be worried about giving a free card to diamonddraws on the turn but i find that people rarely take free cards HU (even if they need them). The J won't be to scary to villain so he'll likely fire again even if he's behind.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:54 AM

c/c turn
Old 10-19-2006, 04:59 AM

button showed strenght throughout the hand, pretty bad spot to c/r, just call down
Old 10-19-2006, 05:06 AM

This is a blind battle vs an aggressive opponent. Against most people with these kinds of stats I still feel you'll be fine more than 1:5. His raising the flop could mean anything, and often K high is still good. Now a 3 bet on the turn does hurt but it could easily be a 3 bet for a free showdown so I'd call and re-evaluate on the river.