Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 06:21 AM

Default How To Turn Your Poker Playing Into a Business Review...Taxes?

This is an excellent book for any pro poker player who doesn't know much about filing taxes (ie almost every college student not majoring in accounting). It's not a define all gambling taxes book, but it answered a lot of my own questions.

Basically, the book is a basic guideline on the difference on how to file as a pro and how to file as a non-pro. It also indicates how and what you can file as a deduction. There are quite a few interesting tidbits in here, such as how your car is deducted, and how you can deduct a lot of stuff for internet play.

Don't expect a step by step guide though, as it has example forms on the differences, but doesn't tell you the tax code of your state and doesn't go through everything for you, but I think it's a very solid purchase and will certainly help you save money with writeoffs.

(This has likely been posted before, but I haven't seen this book mentioned much and it answers a considerable amount on paying taxes as a poker player)
Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: How To Turn Your Poker Playing Into a Business Review...Taxes?

This book has been on my list for a little bit now. It is likey to be the next book I purchase. Thanks for the review.