Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 04:47 AM

Default Damn cookie jar caught me again

SB is a TAG. I haven't played with him much. He's checked through a couple of flops HU after a pfr and then bet the turn each time I checked to him again. I folded both times.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $8/$16
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Yeah, yeah...whatever

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Maybe he has a broadway FD? I don't think that's enough to call or bet the turn. thoughts?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Damn cookie jar caught me again

Fold. I don't think he peels that flop very often with a non-pair hand.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:06 AM

I like it postflop. I don't think there are enough flush draws to bet the turn, and alot of TAGs will semibluff the flop with them so they might even need to be discounted. I think he needs to have some air in his range that called the flop intending to bluff later if we're putting another bet in, but with the read I don't think it's too likely. If he made a loose flop call with king high he probably won't bet the river.

I'm tempted to see what this weirdo is playing, though.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:14 AM

Maybe it's because I'm running bad and seeing monsters everywhere, but can't this guy have the 8?

I've seen more people getting scared for the ace on the flop but can't just fold on the flop, (something like Ks8d) and decide to calldown. After they see you check the turn, they assume you dont have ace and will bet any river ( I think they would even bet it with the 4). Ofcourse the 8 on the river makes this a bit more unlikely, would like to hear why my thoughts are wrong because I'm pretty sure they're.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's because I'm running bad and seeing monsters everywhere, but can't this guy have the 8?

I've seen more people getting scared for the ace on the flop but can't just fold on the flop, (something like Ks8d) and decide to calldown. After they see you check the turn, they assume you dont have ace and will bet any river ( I think they would even bet it with the 4). Ofcourse the 8 on the river makes this a bit more unlikely, would like to hear why my thoughts are wrong because I'm pretty sure they're.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has an 8, he probably has 2 or he has A8s. An 8 is very unlikely here. There's no reason to believe he has one really. His range is mostly PP's broadway suited cards, and AT/A9s type hands IMO.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has an 8, he probably has 2 or he has A8s. An 8 is very unlikely here. There's no reason to believe he has one really. His range is mostly PP's broadway suited cards, and AT/A9s type hands IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's a really tight defending range for a TAG four handed.

Anyways, I like how you played.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's a really tight defending range for a TAG four handed.

Anyways, I like how you played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was talking about the river. His pf cc is strange. It's hard to put a range on that. If it were me, I'd have a lot of J9s/87s type hands, but I don't see many SB cc's from other tags.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 AM

i am not even going to talk about pf......

i think that tag sb cc pf and on the flop means that i am pretty much done with this hand. I dont see how much of his range you are up against (except fd).
Old 10-18-2006, 10:19 AM

This is fine. Flop is "I have an ace, does he?" Turn is "oh he doesn't have an ace" river is "now i have to bet my ace".
Old 10-18-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fine. Flop is "I have an ace, does he?" Turn is "oh he doesn't have an ace" river is "now i have to bet my ace".

[/ QUOTE ]

a TAG would likely 3-bet preflop with Ax from SB to get it HU.