Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Took my first shot at the Bellagio 1/2 game. A few hands

I got thumped, but not quite as bad as the old guy with Mens corona bottle. Going 0/3 with AA and 0/4 with KK didnt help my play.

Im getting a lot of respect with my preflop raises. Good players are smoothing calling with hands that are probably 3 bets(TT,99, AQs, AJo smoothed called me OTB when I opened in the CO).

Hand 1:

I raise 99 UTG.

MP1 smooth calls. Im not sure what this guys deal is. Keeps saying he wants to play 200/400. Ive seen him open limp K5s UTG and do all kinds of stuff. He called 2 bets cold in the BB when I open and another decent player 3 bet with A8s. But he reads hands VERY well and he is a pro.

Folds around to the button who cold calls. This guy is down right horrible. Both blinds fold.

Flop:
J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

hero bets, Mp1 raises, Button calls, I 3 bet, both call

Turn:
T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

hero bets, MP1 raises, button 3 bets, I puke and think about folding but call, MP1 calls

River:
J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button bets, I call, MP1 raises, Button folds, I puke again and call

Hand 2:

2 limpers, and I raise with AKs in the sb. Both call

Flop:
J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet and both call

Turn:
9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check....

Hand 3:
I think I played this hand really bad. Part of my thinking was in not wanting to blow MP1 off his hand

I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG, MP1 cold calls(he is the same MP1 from hand 1), CO cold calls. CO seems to be very solid. I havent seen him get out of line and we havent butted heads.

Flop:

Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I try to keep the bulge in my pants down.

Hero bets, MP1 raises, button 3 bets, hero calls(?), MP1 calls

Turn:
5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, mp1 check, button bets, I call(?)

River:
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

As played, bet or check?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Took my first shot at the Bellagio 1/2 game. A few hands

hand 1 I c/r the river (I'm making this assesment before we knew that mp c/r two people) as I'm expecting to see QK from the button, as it played out and knowing mp1 raised here, he's either got 33 or Jd9d, or JJ... there are 3 33's out there which we beat, and one JJ, and one Jd9d, so I 3 bet and call a 4 bet the way it was played... I know you say he reads hands well, but the reason I say this is b/c we disguised our hand so well by only calling on the river, that I don't think he puts us on a boat and would definitely do this w/ 33

hand 2 is very player dependent, I'd probably fire again here and reevaluate depending on what they do since we've shown such strength, but it's hard to say w/ no read

hand 3 I'd 4 bet the flop to knock mp1 out or facehim w/ having to call 2 cold on the flop, then if co caps it c/c down if we don't improve to the flush
Old 10-18-2006, 02:18 AM

Hand 1 your hand isn't very well represented. It looks like you have queens there or possibly kings with your call of two bets on the turn. Seems to me he could easily just have trips here. This is a pretty easy river call IMO. In what what is button 'horrible'? Hell, he could have T9.

Hand 2 I don't know anything about players, but if you're checking I assume you're check/folding, which is probably fine.

Hand 3, I don't know if there is a 4bet cap or 5 bet cap. If there's a 4 bet cap I definitely cap it, if it's a 5 bet cap I don't mind just calling. You don't say if MP1 calls the turn, I'll assume he didn't. I definitely check/call the river, since a bet screams "ACES UP." You're either beating some big two pair or busted flush/straight draw or losing to a set of eights IMO.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:24 AM

MP1 calls the turn in hand 3
Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got thumped, but not quite as bad as the old guy with Mens corona bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome
Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 AM

I am not trying to be nitty (okay maybe a little) but in the future please try to avoid multi hand posts. You will get better responses as the discussion won't be so confusing.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:25 PM

yeah hand 1 i dont puke and call.. i raise the river.. your hand definitly doesnt look as strong as it is.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:53 PM

Hand 3: bet out on the river, reraise if you get popped, but lay it down to a 4bet.

-Scott
Old 10-20-2006, 07:38 AM

Hand 1: I would lead this river, since you didn't I would have checkraised button, since you didn't I would fold to the other guy's checkraise if playing my best. Whoever said reraising here is insane IMO.

Hand 2: Do you have the flush or just AK high? If you have the flush I don't like it, if you have AK high I don't like it either. People like to raise the turn in this game, and in both cases it will be easy for you to play. Get in the habit of firing two barrels vs these guys as they will just call any flop and see what you do before they care what they have.

Hand 3: I'd just jam this flop and/or checkraise the turn. As played lead the river and call a raise, but its close to a 3 bet I guess.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-21-2006, 12:48 PM

Hand 1: ...Or JT which is more likely than J9 eh?
Hand 2: Depends on which animals were in the hand. I sometimes in this spot, sometimes fold. Player dependent.
Hand 3: Never slow down on flop or raise turn. As played check call river.