Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Stars and PT help and PAHUD help

First time playing at Stars and have 2 questions.

1. I load PT and point it to the correct file location so my PA stats show up but after the tournys are finished, PT shows I played 8 of them but has no buy in or finish information on any of them. What do I have to do to make PT work with Stars?

2. For my PAHUD, some tables work fine but on others, the stats are not in the correct spots on the table and some players seem not to have any stats. Anyone know the problem? I played all 9 person SnGs so the # of players were the same in each SnG.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Stars and PT help and PAHUD help

i'v had the same problems since switching to stars (btw, i like party 100 times better).

for poker tracker, you have to jump through like 3 hoops to get the stats into PT. first import the hands into poker tracker (the normal way, point it to your hand history folder). now you have to go to file, the pokerstars manual entry. now click on "auto request tournament summaries." now you will see a list of tournaments that you do not have summaries for. click request now, and they will be sent to you email. now go to file, import hand histories/summaries.

it's a freaking royal pain the arse...i have no idea why stars just doesnt add the summaries at the end of the hand history and make our lives way easier.

now for the PAHUD thing, it wont work if you have the preferred seating option on (which i find ridiculous, and the PAHUD guy said he would "get around to it when he gets time." meaning he ain't going to fix it...). peoples stats, mucked cards, ect show up all over the place in no particular order...so you can't tell what stats belong to whom.

so you have to sit in random seats for it to work correctly, which makes multi tabling freaking impossible. i don't even use PAHUD now because of this. i can't sit in 8 random seats and keep track of the action (looking for where im seated at each table, ect) while i play. so basically, i have a program that i paid for that is completely useless now...pretty awesome.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 PM

In the Poker Stars -client:

Requests -> Tournament history

Then request for as many tournaments as you've played recently. You'll get an email with the finish information, import that to Poker Tracker. I use Hotmail and couldn't figure out how to save emails to hard drive, so I just copy the text, paste it to Notepad and save it to a text file, then import that file to PT. This may not be the optimal solution, but that's how I did it.

As for your second question, are you changing your seat manually? Or do you use the preferred seat thing? I think that changing seats messes up PA Hud. If you just stay at the seat you're given it should be ok.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 PM

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'v had the same problems since switching to stars (btw, i like party 100 times better).

for poker tracker, you have to jump through like 3 hoops to get the stats into PT. first import the hands into poker tracker (the normal way, point it to your hand history folder). now you have to go to file, the pokerstars manual entry. now click on "auto request tournament summaries." now you will see a list of tournaments that you do not have summaries for. click request now, and they will be sent to you email. now go to file, import hand histories/summaries.

it's a freaking royal pain the arse...i have no idea why stars just doesnt add the summaries at the end of the hand history and make our lives way easier.

now for the PAHUD thing, it wont work if you have the preferred seating option on (which i find ridiculous, and the PAHUD guy said he would "get around to it when he gets time." meaning he ain't going to fix it...). peoples stats, mucked cards, ect show up all over the place in no particular order...so you can't tell what stats belong to whom.

so you have to sit in random seats for it to work correctly, which makes multi tabling freaking impossible. i don't even use PAHUD now because of this. i can't sit in 8 random seats and keep track of the action (looking for where im seated at each table, ect) while i play. so basically, i have a program that i paid for that is completely useless now...pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, thanks for the help!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I don't plan on adding or fixing something, I will not say otherwise. I will add support for the preferred seating. However, I am busy working on bugs, which I feel is more important at the moment than adding support for a cosmetic feature.

It's also humorous that you say sitting in random seats makes it impossible to multitable. Do you not get hole cards on the tables you play at? Whenever I play, PokerStars places my hole cards at my seat, so it's actually pretty easy to see where I'm at. Does it not do that for you?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:53 AM

lolz
Old 10-18-2006, 02:53 AM

do you play 8+ SNG's at a time? if you did, you would not be asking about this. it is very hard to find your spot on each table, remember if the big blinds folds to raises when you're the SB, if the button always raises in position, if you limp and the BB raises, ect. very hard to keep track of all that stuff in the few seconds you can give each table when you are seated all over the place randomly. please join 8 sng's, play them seated randomly. then join and play 8 more all sitting the same seat....then you will understand where i'm coming from.

if i was just sitting at 2 tables, then sure, no big deal where i sit, but that is not the case. this is my only source of income, and i enjoyed using PAHUD at party poker...now i can't use it and that upsets me - a customer that purchased your product. sorry that you do not care about your customers enough to understand when they have a problem with a product that you produce.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:34 AM

I play 8+ SNG's at the same time and I don't see what the big problem is finding your spot on each table. Table pops up, your cards are up, you act, end of story.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:25 AM

PokerStars just recently added this feature. Are you saying you were never able to 8 table before this feature?

I have 8 tabled before, and it's pretty easy to do, even with "random" seating. If you are having trouble following the action, perhaps you should reduce the number of tables you play until you get used to it.

I care very much about my customers, which is why I spend several hours every single day answering support emails and posts and working on fixing bugs. I just don't see where your feelings about it being useless is coming from, especially considering that there are likely hundreds of PA Hud users who 8 table at random seats with no problems.