Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Post your best office prank?

I've never put a stapler in Jello before, but a few successful pranks have been:

-Poking holes in random cups in the coffee cup stack, then laughing when people slowly drip coffee all over themselves or their desk.

-I got an aweful scented Glade airfreshner flavored with apples and cinamon at an office Christmas Yankee Swap party (very lame). It was the kind that you plug in and it uses its built-in fan to distribute scent everywhere. I plugged it into a coworkers cube without her knowledge. Needless to say she was very pissed when she found it a few hours later.

-Mess with a coworkers 'replace' function that's built into Microsoft Word. You can make it say stuff like 'hte' everytime they type 'the', or something less subtle, like 'yankees suck' everytime she types 'the'.

-Unscrew the top of the salt shaker so the top falls off and dumps the entire container of salt in the coworkers meal. (probably best to do this at a large office building where you don't know everyone)
Old 10-17-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Post your best office prank?

Mine was rearranging the cables behind a monitor while talking to the lady whose PC it was. She kept going on about being careful which got on my nerves, so I pretended to be electrocuted, with shaking and yelling - the full bit.

Boy did she scream as she ran out of the office.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:52 PM

I used to work with a real douche of a guy. The type that would take credit for everyone else's work (ala The Sidler in Seinfeld). One day a buddy of mine and I came into work on the weekend and put a whole fish in his vent. We got caught and received a stern lecture from HR - but it was well worth it. Good times.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to work with a real douche of a guy. The type that would take credit for everyone else's work (ala The Sidler in Seinfeld). One day a buddy of mine and I came into work on the weekend and put a whole fish in his vent. We got caught and received a stern lecture from HR - but it was well worth it. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha- HR is a big time buzz kill.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:21 PM

If you hold alt/control and the right arrow key, it makes the screen rotate that direction. Most people don't know how to fix, so it's fun until they call IT and have it fixed.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM

Oh yeah, another time, we worked with a guy whose last name was Bulla (pronounced Bueller) and we put the soundclip from 'Ferris Beuller's Day Off' where the teacher is saying 'Beuller, Beuller?' over and over again, and set it up as every windows event sound.

Lame really, but we laughed and laughed.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:37 PM

At the last place I worked, I discovered that our phones would play the HOLD music over the speaker if we entered the proper sequence found in the users manual. Nobody reads the manual, so it becomes a very frustrating task for a coworker to get the music shutoff. Even unplugging the phone and plugging it back in wouldn't work. It was a great trick....the music was SO bad.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you hold alt/control and the right arrow key, it makes the screen rotate that direction. Most people don't know how to fix, so it's fun until they call IT and have it fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome and is totally getting used tomorrow on the guy we hate.

You are my hero.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 PM

A couple guys use a wireless mouse, so everyday for a week, I took out his batteries and replaced them with dead ones. He was convinced his mouse was using all the juice of the batteries in a single day.

Also, if you replace the 'n' and 'm' keyes on a keyboard, they won't notice for a while.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome and is totally getting used tomorrow on the guy we hate.

You are my hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying this and it isn't working
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]