Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Party still fishy

9pm GMT/4pm EST-Prime Time Party

Just cranked up Sixth Sense and checked in on my old limits at Party Poker.

$200 and $400 NLHE 6max . I have 3Million hand datamined databases for each of these limits.

Even with all of us Americans gone. I see much more lucrative stats at Party ie Avg.VPIP/Fish Ratings than FullTilt, PokerStars and UB.

There are still quite alot of tables where Average VPIP is 35% or better. These are rare on FullTilt, PokerStars and UB.

I've been heavily mining all 3 of these networks(UB,FT and PS)post-UIGEA and average table vpips are down horrificly(~4-5%) from pre-UIGEA.

The games at Party are regrettably still seem to be the best purely on a statistical basis.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Party still fishy

I have only played on UB and FullTilt since Party pulled the plug, but the games on Full Tile are most rock gardens but they are still profitable.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have only played on UB and FullTilt since Party pulled the plug, but the games on Full Tile are most rock gardens but they are still profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

this should be obvious. Most mid to low stake 2+2ers and such are going to be on Full Tilt due to bonus and rb, most still suck though, they are not all little phil iveys running around, just nits preflop.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9pm GMT/4pm EST-Prime Time Party

Just cranked up Sixth Sense and checked in on my old limits at Party Poker.

$200 and $400 NLHE 6max . I have 3Million hand datamined databases for each of these limits.

Even with all of us Americans gone. I see much more lucrative stats at Party ie Avg.VPIP/Fish Ratings than FullTilt, PokerStars and UB.

There are still quite alot of tables where Average VPIP is 35% or better. These are rare on FullTilt, PokerStars and UB.

I've been heavily mining all 3 of these networks(UB,FT and PS)post-UIGEA and average table vpips are down horrificly(~4-5%) from pre-UIGEA.

The games at Party are regrettably still seem to be the best purely on a statistical basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

B/c all stars FT abd UB get from new players are from 2+2...
Fish still stuck with cashing out and find the way to fund to poker site.
give them sometimes.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 PM

Party at SSNL ($50-$100) seems to me, if anything, more nuts than ever since the Americans left.

Still loads of tables to choose from, loads of monies flying around, lots of TPTK merchants etc.

I lost an absolute shed-load today to dudes playing all kinds of crazy garbage (which is still a pain), but good for the medium-long term.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party at SSNL ($50-$100) seems to me, if anything, more nuts than ever since the Americans left.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the range I'm currently playing, and it's been pretty insane. Last night at NL100 6 max I reraised big (to $14) from the BB with QQ after a crazy guy raised UTG+1 and had 3 callers. All called, except SB who then went all in with his last $27 or so. I flat called (which was a mistake I knew I'd made at the time), the crazy guy called, then the Button went all in for around $200. I knew I had him beat and he'd put me on AK or something similar cos I didn't push when SB pushed.

Short of it is, 4 people all in with QQ, AJo (crazy ass guy with large stack), TT (guy on button with large stack) and 35s (yeah, nice move SB with tiny stack). My Queens held up and I went from $100 to $330 in one hand - that's the first time I've ever been happy to call with Queens all in preflop for a long time. Oh, and crazy guy spiked a Jack on the turn to take all of the TT guys stack.

It makes up for a few of those times they're called a PSB on the flop to hit a gutshot with only $20 behind and then hitting. God bless NL100. Like you said, some high variance stuff going on but good for the long term.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:41 AM

Ah so it's not me? I started playing this week at $100 instead of $50. But they seem way more 'crazier' on $100 than on $50. The variance I have there is very high.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:15 AM

Party above 20/40 and 5/10NL is terrible, terrible, terrible.

80% of the time I fire up SS, there is not a single playable table.

The other 20% i find 1 or 2 marginal tables w/ the occasional juicy one.

The Party is over for high-stakes.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah so it's not me? I started playing this week at $100 instead of $50. But they seem way more 'crazier' on $100 than on $50. The variance I have there is very high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly what I've found. I've had some horrible beats at $100 since I've started at that level, so overall not doing that great, but I feel pretty confident it's about as beatable as the $50 game there.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:33 AM

I agree 100%. Games at Party definately didn't dry up. They have also gotten faster since the multitablers left.

Lots of yanks were fish but most of the best players were also yanks.