Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM

Default turn check-raise, slow play, fancy play?

6 handed I raise UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , Villian in MP cold calls - I've little on him but seemed tag until now. SB who seems determined to end it all (has 2 big bets left) 3-bets, I cap both call. SB is now all-in.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet villian calls.

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I think villian may have peeled flop intending to fold to turn bet so check to try and get a call on river, and I also think he likely has enough when he calls flop to bet turn and pay off cr and river bet in big pot.

Good, bad or FPS?

chez
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: turn check-raise, slow play, fancy play?

[ QUOTE ]
6 handed I raise UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , Villian in MP cold calls - I've little on him but seemed tag until now. SB who seems determined to end it all (has 2 big bets left) 3-bets, I cap both call. SB is now all-in.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet villian calls.

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I think villian may have peeled flop intending to fold to turn bet so check to try and get a call on river, and I also think he likely has enough when he calls flop to bet turn and pay off cr and river bet in big pot.

Good, bad or FPS?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

SB beiing allin is screwing this up for you because a thinking player is not going to bluff this with nothing.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:58 PM

He will probably think your play is pretty suspicious if he is a thinking player.. So I would think that he is probably calling a bet with anything that he would be willing to bet when checked to. If i was set on pulling something fancy in this hand, it would be on the river.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM

I see no reason not to slowplay this hand, but the problem is what kind of hand, read A high, would not call this turn, but call the river, I think A high is calling the turn and folding the river UI. Plus he might fold our river donk with the A high anyway.

If we're dealing with a middle type pair, we'd want to see a bet, and given our cap I don't think we see it enough.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:39 PM

I think you should just bet out here, ofcourse we have no idea where he's peeling the flop with but I can't think of much hands that decide to bet here, which wouldnt have called you anyway.

And because SB is all in, he will probably not take a shot at you with a weird hand that otherwise wouldnt had called your turn bet.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:55 AM

Thanks all. The cr bit failed miserably as he checked behind with TT. Suprised me - I've been playing at wsex too much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Is that check behind standard? I know I capped pre-flop but the 3-bet from the nearly all-in guy wasn't a serious one.

chez