Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Any Info on new Mark Blade???

I have been anticipating Mark Blades Proffesional Poker 2: Strategy and Tactics, since I read the first book. It is the best book on the day to day rigors of playing poker non-recreationally. Anybody heard anything about Mark Blade or his new book?

His website says it is out for release in October 2006. I must have seen this october date over a year ago. Everybody knows how release dates and poker authors is not exactly a reliable prediction.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Any Info on new Mark Blade???

According to his website,
" PROFESSIONAL POKER 2: Strategy & Theory
by Mark Blade
(Tentative Publication Date: October 2006)"

I'd suggest asking him,
MarkBlade@MarkBlade.com
Old 10-18-2006, 05:38 AM

I read his first book not for strategy reasons but for psychological reinforcement about playing seriously. I don't know how strong his strategy is, even if he's a winning player.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 AM

No, but I bet it will mention several times through out the book that you should buy his first book and the next future book (book 3).

All kidding aside, I sure hope this is not the case, because it was over done in his first book and it came across as pleading and desperate.

Please Mark, no implications of purchasing your other books in the heart of the content.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:16 AM

A few days ago I received an email from Mark with info. Maybe this can give you more info about the release of his new book (by the way, my name is Marc also, what a coincidence)

Hi Marc,

First, my sincerest apologies for taking over two months(!!!!) to reply to you. I have been distracted by some side things, but still that's no excuse. By the way, those side things are the same reason why polishing off and releasing my next two books keeps getting delayed. I hope that they will be out early next year, but as I keep missing my own deadlines, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Although, honestly I would be shocked if at least one of them didn't come out somewhere in the general ballpark of New Year's Day. I will hold onto your e-mail address and try to give you a heads-up when a release day becomes definitive.

Thank you very much for the compliments about my first book and your interest in the next one. I really appreciate it.

And best of luck with all your poker and life goals!

Kindest regards,
Mark Blade
Old 10-19-2006, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, but I bet it will mention several times through out the book that you should buy his first book and the next future book (book 3).

All kidding aside, I sure hope this is not the case, because it was over done in his first book and it came across as pleading and desperate.

Please Mark, no implications of purchasing your other books in the heart of the content.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this issue being taken up with him not long after his book came out and he said he'd take it on board.

Apart from that, I thought it contained a lot of good info.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember this issue being taken up with him not long after his book came out and he said he'd take it on board.

Apart from that, I thought it contained a lot of good info.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kind of rough on him, I referred to his first book as an infomercial, which was an exageration but not completely ungrounded. We had a little flame war and some PM's but I came away with a good impression and I think his next book has potential.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:42 PM

I thought it was kind of bizarre how he referred to either Professional Poker 2 or Professional Poker 3 as his "proudest achievement" in PP1 since neither PP2 or PP3 was anywhere near completion. Bragging about unfinished books as one's proudest achievement is not going to sell me on his books.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 PM

who really cares if the guy tries to build up his next book.

if his advice helps me play better he can call his next book Super System 3, it won't make a bit of difference to me....