Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Well i have an interesting problem.

A little background, my regular game is suppose to be 2/4 NL and even 3/6 NL due to bankroll issues. But I will go play 5/10 nl if there is a donk playing. I have a full time job so playing becomes difficult because for some reason I need sleep and other crap I got to do. Because of my time is limited for playing I came up with the idea of playing 5/10 exclusively when the donks are playing. Now I know the problem with this is variance but the game is so much +EV I was willing to take the chance.

So after taking the chance my bankroll has grown nicely, but not to the point where I can make 5/10 NL my regular game (sore of). One of the issues of me playing this way has caused me to not play 2/4 at all. It's almost to the point where I will play only if there is a donk on. Also I have grown so accustomed to playing 5/10 for example I’m not scared to pull moves like I was in the beginning. Basically I am play 5/10 NL like it is my regular game now. When I do go back to 2/4 NL, I feel bored and not interested even when the game is decent/good. When I am playing with the donk I’m so focus and into playing a lot more. Playing is more enjoyable and fun.

I feel I lost the ability to put in my “time”, meaning it seems now I can’t just sit there even though I know the game is decent (Meaning I know I can make money, but it boring). When I started playing 5/10, my heart would race, blood is pumping, hands shake and start sweating (ok maybe I over did it but u get the point).

I am not really sure what I’m trying to ask, but has anyone had this similar problem? Does anyone recommend anything for me to do? And not just time off even though I know it would/will help

Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Well i have an interesting problem.

i think everyone has this problem. what is your bankroll? if you had a bankroll for 2/4 then grew it nicely, it should be at least good enough for 3/6, no?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think everyone has this problem. what is your bankroll? if you had a bankroll for 2/4 then grew it nicely, it should be at least good enough for 3/6, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its good enough for 3/6 like I said in the beginning I play that also, but for some reason this site 3/6 doesnt seem to start.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:01 AM

I think this happens to everyone. Just play 5/10 when donks are on after a little while you will build to a 5/10 roll. Maybe play one 5/10 and one 3/6 table.