Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 PM

Default K10s in a home game: How bad did I play this?

Hey, I was playing in a home game the other day with $.10/$.20 blinds. Everyone bought in for $10, and I had about $16. I covered the Villian in this hand. We were 5-handed. I was UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I raised it to .75. UTG+1 re-raised to $2 total, an additional $1.25. He is a LAG who usually gets his money in with the best hand. He likes to see a lot of flops, but he will rarely reraise with trash. He has been known to overplay some hands though. It is folded around to me, and I call the raise. The flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check to him, and he bets out $.75. I smooth-call it. The turn comes the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check to him again, and he pushes in his whole stack, about $12. He then says, "I don't want you to catch your straight against me" and walks away from the table. Usually Villian will not try to mislead people about his hands. So I am fairly confident he doesn't have a straight already. What is my move?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: K10s in a home game: How bad did I play this?

Folding pf is probably optimal here. As for the hand, it is probable he has AA, AK, longshot KK. However, we are getting terrible odds so ill probably just fold.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 AM

I'd be raising this flop all the way to valuetown. Make it $2 to go and watch him crap his pants. As played you should probably fold, youre really only beating AK or AA, but I'm feeling KK/QQ here.

By the way you should halve the blinds or double the stacks, your homegame plays too shallow. Says me.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM

I think the home game doesn't have enough BB's also, but no one else agrees with me. It ended up that I called (because I put him on AK), and he showed down AQ. This was very surprising for me. I guess he was so sure I was on a straight draw, because I played it that way. I avoided a 9-outer on the river, and I won about $32 for the day.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be raising this flop all the way to valuetown.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 pair is too weak to slowplay especially on a draw heavy broadway board. Value bet. Call/fold depends entirely on read.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:03 PM

I'd value-raise his weak bet on the flop. In fact, given this hand, I'd raise his weak bets on the flop fairly often.

Edit: Didn't notice we're oop. Value bet this flop, 3/4 pot or so.