Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Collusion on WPEX?

I've been playing on WPEX for 2 weeks and have witnessed countless incidents of "extremely unorthodox" play in their limit holdem games. Has anyone else had a similar experience? My wife and I play professionally and she has suspiscions also. We've never had such concerns on any other sites.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: COLLUSION ON WPEX??????

It is just a lot of players who do not seem to follow the standard patterns, but some of them are still quite decent, mix that with some retard LAGs and some very good TAGs and you have a hell of a crazy game. I played there a lot for a while and after getting better reads you see it is not collusion, just a madhouse at times.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:30 PM

If you have anything specific to report, please email the details to support@worldpx.com.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com
Old 10-16-2006, 12:32 PM

I appreciate the response. Why did you stop playing there?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:32 PM

I too have had trouble winning on WPEX, but as a previous poster mentioned, the games are a bit different. It never occured to me that it was any form of collusion, only that I had not adjusted to the differing styles of players.

I haven't improved much there, but again, I don't believe you need to worry about anything strange going on. When the head-count improves, I'll be back there to try again.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2006, 12:37 PM

I played there mostly on a quest I made for myself where I was gonna withdraw quite aggressively, it pushed me down in limits, and after 4 months of that I inevitably went "busto" (Neteller robusto). After that I felt that I missed studying my game and opponents in Pokertracker and that it had hurt my game a bit, so I moved to other sites.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:37 PM

The hand histories make it difficult to identify the players involved. How can you investigate if the player names aren't in them?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:48 PM

The games are most certainly different. For a winning player on every other site to have such difficulty (while dropping significantly in stakes), makes me question the tactics employed by some of the regulars.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The games are most certainly different. For a winning player on every other site to have such difficulty (while dropping significantly in stakes), makes me question the tactics employed by some of the regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The brutal truth is that some of the weird play puts bad TAGs so much off their game that it actually turns some of the TAGs into losers and some of the "limp3-bet" QJs-players into winners. The potential is big though since the games are complex and thus has a lot of EV-possibilities and combined with the 0-rake I am convinced that the low limit games at WSEX has a higher profit potential than at any other site. If you like a mental challenge and not just to routinely click buttons, I recommend it, after playing for a while I did really well there (after being butchered in the beginning).
Old 10-16-2006, 12:58 PM

It is also an eye opener to realize the value of deception and thus you will be motivated to add more creativity to your game.