Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Default scared -- unsure about fulltilt and neteller

hello,

i withdrew from party the thursday before the bill was signed and haven't gotten my money. but i gotta play poker, so i deposited 900 into neteller , going for the 50% reload bonus on fulltilt. now i'm getting a bit scared about my money and the repercussions of the law. is my money safe in neteller? i can't cancel the eft even if i wanted to [it's been like 2-3 days] and that's worrisome. what about fulltilt's status, is putting money into there actually safe?

and for all those conservatives who 'turned democrat' because of this bill, was the idiocy of bush [the iraq war, lack in logic; stress on 'faith setting him free', katrina, gas issues, lack of funding on war on terror and meaningful things] not enough to make you reconsider earlier?

i'm not political. i just despise bush ridiculously.

america is on the decline
Old 10-15-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: scared -- unsure about fulltilt and neteller

Your money is safe. Your sanity is not.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:20 PM

the possibility is always there, though perhaps may be less than i thought. my sanity's in place. i was just making sure -- i didn't say i was REALLY scared. be careful, knowing things is not so simple, its a big problem
Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and for all those conservatives who 'turned democrat' because of this bill, was the idiocy of bush [the iraq war, lack in logic; stress on 'faith setting him free', katrina, gas issues, lack of funding on war on terror and meaningful things] not enough to make you reconsider earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it was the utter impotence of the Democratic Party and their inability to come up with any candidate, any platform, any idea, any hint, other than spewing hatred of Bush at every opportunity. Most people want to vote for something, not against something else.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people want to vote for something, not against something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither party offers someone to vote for.

I live in Va, and the current senate race between Allen and Webb is a very hot topic here. Incumbent Allen(R) has made ethnic slurs in public about a staff member of Webb. Although, from what I've researched, Webb is just as much of a <font color="white"> </font> scumbag <font color="black"> </font> .

It really sucks that our two party system leaves us not choosing the best candidate, but the "lesser of two evils."
Old 10-15-2006, 01:25 PM

Come on people, let's keep it on topic. This is the forum dedicated to poker legislation, not politics. Lots of threads have gotten locked/moved/deleted in recent days because they either stray off topic or don't belong here in the first place.

To the OP: I don't think that you should lose sleep over whether or not your money is safe at Full Tilt or Neteller. Do, however, bear in mind that there has always been an inherent risk associated with transferring funds to offshore entities. FT and Neteller are both stable, well run companies, but no one can say with 100% certainty how the changing markets and political landscape will affect them. That is and always has been a risk that one must incur to play online poker.

I would recommend keeping a smaller amount that normal online. I used to keep my whole online bankroll either in Neteller or on a site, but my plan now is to withdraw or replinish funds on a weekly basis.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your money is safe. Your sanity is not.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not sure:

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1921170,00.html

Please copy/paste the whole URL
Old 10-15-2006, 01:43 PM

8 posts on the forums and 50% of them consist of that link. Which doesn't say anything about Full Tilt, Neteller, or anyone's money not being safe.

FYI, if a bank does decide to close a particular account for any reason, that doesn't mean that they just pocket the cash...
Old 10-15-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and for all those conservatives who 'turned democrat' because of this bill,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there are any. They've all turned Libertarian. Why would they turn to the other party who voted for this bill? If you *only* counted the votes of Democrats, this bill still passes.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:48 PM

unforutnely Poker Legislation topic HAS to be taken political. Ther eisnt any other way around it. It is politics that got us to this point and politics will get us out (or kep it this way.. or make it worse)

With the current leadership in the house and senate, any real movement on the issue will not happen. and not in a mid-term no a presidental election year
Closed Thread