Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 01:28 AM

Default Full house facing ridiculous display of strength, how many river bets?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

This guy just joined the table very recently and I haven't yet made any notes on him, and I've never played with him before.

And fwiw he was sitting several seats away from me and there were people sitting out in those seats between us, so when I was deciding whether to cap preflop I just saw all the seats full and thought I had raised from further than one off the button.

All the raises on the turn were pretty much instant. What do I want to do on the river?
Old 10-15-2006, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Full house facing ridiculous display of strength, how many river b

check/call
Old 10-15-2006, 01:32 AM

He checked the flop after a preflop 3bet and capped the turn. That means KK.

I would c/c river.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 AM

LOL what a nightmare. like you said a preflop cap is standard (even if all those guys folded and werent sitting out imo). you wouldnt bet the river unless you wanted to 3-bet, and i don't really feel like i should c/r. this play is too standard with KK and superbly unstandard with everything else. diamonds bet the flop. 6x doesnt 3-bet preflop much. KT bets flop.

check call [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ?
Old 10-15-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Full house facing ridiculous display of strength, how many river bets?

Flop check + turn craziness means KK almost always. Some idiots will do this with AA or AK, but you're usually toast. Or maybe A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I think if you bet the river, he'll just call with any of those hands that you beat, and will raise when you're behind. If you check, he always bets. I think check/call is best.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop check + turn craziness means KK almost always. Some idiots will do this with AA or AK, but you're usually toast. Or maybe A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I think if you bet the river, he'll just call with any of those hands that you beat, and will raise when you're behind. If you check, he always bets. I think check/call is best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2006, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you bet the river, he'll just call with any of those hands that you beat, and will raise when you're behind. If you check, he always bets. I think check/call is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2006, 05:24 AM

OK, I get the idea.

So I have a bit of a leak where I sometimes forget to auto-check the next street after someone caps and a blank falls, so I bet the river and he raised me, and I called, and he had AQs.

I was actually afraid I might get berated for slowing down too soon, MUBS, weak-tight, etc. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 AM

Well, wait a minute, he might be going for the free showdown cap. Didn't think of that. Did you.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:48 PM

It's never correct to bet the river OOP after getting capped on the turn.