Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Philadelphia trip suggestions

Hi, all, I'm staying on Dock Street in Philadelphia Saturday-Wednesday and would love suggestions on nearby restaurants and bars to visit.

I'll have a car, but I would prefer to just park at my hotel (Sheraton) and walk to places. I'm looking for dining and drinking suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Philadelphia trip suggestions

I was just there two weeks ago and had never been - there are a lot of good bars/restaurants near a place called Tangerine on market which I hear is good but I went to Morimoto which had awesome sushi. The whole area around Tangerine and Market Street was pretty happening on the Wednesday night I was there - lots of bars and clubs.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:03 PM

If you like Belgian beer and food, I highly recommend Monk's Cafe at 16th and Spruce. Morimoto is awesome. If you go, I recommend the Omakase (chef's choice). It's expensive, but wonderful. Pat's and Geno's are two Philadelphia classics.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you like Belgian beer and food, I highly recommend Monk's Cafe at 16th and Spruce. Morimoto is awesome. If you go, I recommend the Omakase (chef's choice). It's expensive, but wonderful. Pat's and Geno's are two Philadelphia classics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I went to Pat's for a cheesesteak was pretty good but in bad part of town.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:11 PM

CEREALITY

I'm dying to go. A friend of mine went a few months ago. Loved it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 PM

The correct answer is Eurotrash's place, to do, y'know, whatever.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:24 PM

I know you didn't ask for activity recommendations, but check out the Mütter Museum for an amazing collection of freakish medical oddities. Well worth an hour of your time.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I went to Pat's for a cheesesteak was pretty good but in bad part of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to keep re-fighting the whole cheesesteak argument, but the best cheesesteaks can be found on South Street.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to keep re-fighting the whole cheesesteak argument, but the best cheesesteaks can be found on South Street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Myth...
Old 10-13-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, Jim's steaks? BS, you have no soul if you think that's the best.

I second the Monk's suggestion. Philadelphia is designed for walking and you're in a great starting place. Make some loops between your place down south street to Rittenhouse square and back, you'll find the whole range of places from swank upscale (rittenhouse area) to clubby bar scene (market st.). Bob and Barbara's is a pretty fun place on south st.

Pat's and Geno's are NOT in a bad part of town unless you're scared of row homes and one way streets.