Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 02:40 PM

Default truck for contracting

I'm considering buying a used truck for a remodeling business I plan to start in the next few months. I know zero about trucks, but my main requirements are for it to fit a 4x8 sheet of rockwall and for it to have four wheels.

I used to work with a guy who drove a toyota tacoma, and I liked that it could hold a fair amount of equipment but was still maneuverable and reasonably good on gas mileage. I also used to work for a guy who owned an extended cab chevy 2500 and it was wayy to big for my tastes.

these are the extent of my meditations on the plan. I really have no experience when it comes to buying vehcles. anything you guys got in terms of thoughts or advice or questions would be great.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: truck for contracting

If the Tacoma was a little small and the Chevy was too big, have a look at the new Nissan Titan. Seems like a nice compromise between the two.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:38 PM

Look into a 1/4 ton truck. Something like a Chevy 1500, a Ford F150, or a Dodge Ram 1500 would server your purposes.

If you go with something like a Tacoma, it will be smaller, generally a 6' bed. Whereas a 1/2 ton truck will almost always come with an 8' bed, unless you get a shortbox.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:34 PM

if you dont know anything about trucks what could you know about remodeling. but hope you can make it best of luck.

but for trucks any half ton truck will do. and you may want to get a lumber rack for it if you are going to carry any 14 or 16 foot goods.
dont get a bedliner as everything slides around