Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 12:03 AM

Default ray flush draw?

BB is a fish, calls T6 off utg, and donks when he has pairs.
SB is a tag.

6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: ray flush draw?

calls
Old 10-13-2006, 02:07 AM

apparently it's a lot cooler to pwn pokerbob, or schneids, than to discuss whether to raise this or not.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 AM

My options are

call flop, call turn UI
call flop, raise turn UI
raise flop, check turn,
raise flop, bet turn.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 AM

Given your reads it seems like a call. Though it might be worth it to raise for a free card. I don't see any point in raising and then betting the turn since you’re probably beat and he's probably not folding. So basically it comes down to how much you lose by knocking the TAG out and reducing your implied odds and how BB will react to a raise vs. how much you gain by a free card. A raise might clean up you’re a outs a little too.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 AM

I like a raise on the flop and check the turn unimproved
Old 10-13-2006, 02:46 AM

cuz pwning is accomplished in one hand vacuums, and the theory is relevant only insofar as it helps you...boddington me please DUDE WHERE ARE YOU JAPONESA TONTO!!?? I WANT A 1.5 MILL ROLL LIKE YOU LOL HEHE WHAT UP
Old 10-13-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your reads it seems like a call. Though it might be worth it to raise for a free card. I don't see any point in raising and then betting the turn since you’re probably beat and he's probably not folding. So basically it comes down to how much you lose by knocking the TAG out and reducing your implied odds and how BB will react to a raise vs. how much you gain by a free card. A raise might clean up you’re a outs a little too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this assesment. Happy birthday leader!

Surf
Old 10-13-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this assesment.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol because I was just throwing things out there and don't know what to do. I was thinking call and then I listed a whole bunch of reason to raise for a free card. Seems like if we think we can get a free card from the donker, we should go for it because the TAG is probably folding anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Happy birthday leader!

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'm finally legal. To bad my plans to hit Foxwoods this weekend fell through. I can't wait to play a little live.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
apparently it's a lot cooler to pwn pokerbob, or schneids, than to discuss whether to raise this or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

"BB is a fish, calls T6 off utg, and donks when he has pairs."

then he has a pair and doesnt want to fold. so call, keep the other guy in drawing slim and maintain implied odds. whats so hard about this? you beat 30-60, this should be like be obvious. when i see ppl raise here i think they are showing a fundatmental lack of understanding. durrrr, me like flush draw, me raise. of course they usually get a shitton of bets from me on the turn with my set bc i think, no decent player would raise a flush draw 3way after i donked bc i obviously like my hand and they are just gonna shut out the 3rd guy. so maybe raise for deception i dunno.

all that matters is hit your hand. then no matter what you do you look like a good player and your winrate will too.