Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 PM

Default HOLY CRAP dude catches on fire at wedding WTF

Reason #11 not to get married
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: HOLY CRAP dude catches on fire at wedding WTF

Lol wow I can't believe they did that. Everyone knows silly string is flammable.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM

This is fairly old (or I saw something just like it before) but it's still freaky to watch. It looks like he didn't even get burned, though.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM

What made this funny to me is that someone actually did catch fire at my wedding. True story:

My wife/fiancee's sister had gotten married to Brian just two months before. He wasn't in the wedding party, and we planned to do the pictures before the wedding, so he went with a couple of friends of mine to a bar just down the street from the church while we were taking pictures. They came back late, and they were hammered. I remember watching from our waiting area off to the side as he and his new drinking buddies were trying to tie his tie on the way into the church. Any one of them might have been able to do it, but the three of them together never had a chance.

Finally the ceremony was about to start, so he was called into the church, with the tie kind of hanging around his neck, loosely knotted. His wife (my wife's sister) is a semi-professional singer, so she was providing the music. He walked in, stopped and listened as if he heard something he wasn't expecting, and then shouted out, "THAT'S MY LOVELY WIFE UP THERE SINGING!" My best man looked aghast, but I nearly wet my pants laughing.

Anyway, the rest of the ceremony went on without a hitch, though I did hear some chuckling in the back when one guest arrived late and then was brought up to date on the proceedings.

At the reception, however, my best man was seated at the head table and people were still milling about. Brian had stopped to chat with my best man, and was leaning on the table to be closer to his level. However, he didn't realize that he was leaning over a candle. My best man, who is kind of a mild guy, was trying to get in a word of warning through Brian's non-stop banter, pointing to the now-flaming sleeve, when Brian's wife grabbed a pitcher of ice water and doused him.

All-in-all, it was a GREAT wedding. I'm still married (as are Brian and Kathy) 22 years later.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol wow I can't believe they did that. Everyone knows silly string is flammable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. What mouth-breathing idiots. Not a lot of future rocket scientists being born into this holy union. Just a guess.