Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 PM

Default BB&V: Vending Machine Encounter

I was pretty hungry this afternoon, but didn’t have time to go get something substantial, so I decided to go get some candy from the vending machine in the break room. I get to the vending machine and discover that they have Good & Plentys for eighty five cents which was just I was looking for. I put my dollar in the bill receptacle and press ‘E’ ‘7’ only to have the machine start beeping at me. The digital display is flashing with a message informing me that I need to use exact change…. WTF BEAT.

I thought “maybe all is not lost there is probably some change in my desk.” Back in my office I rummaged through my desk, but all I could find was a dime. I figured there was a good chance that the machine was just out of nickels and/or dimes and by using the dime and dollar bill I might be able to get a quarter back if the machine had those. Back in the break room I discovered someone else trying to buy some candy with a dollar. He seemed a little annoyed after he pressed ‘E’ ‘5’ (Skittles) and got the same beeping and message I got only a few minutes earlier. He apparently didn’t have his heart set on Skittles though and headed over to the ice cream machine. Once he was out of the way I put my $1.10 into the machine confident that I would get my candy. After making my selection I was elated when there was no beeping, but instead the whirring sound of my desired Good & Plentys being dispensed. SWEET BRAG.

Finally after getting my candy I reached into the change dispenser to get my change… TWO DIMES and A NICKLE! WTF VARIANCE!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: BB&V: Vending Machine Encounter

[ QUOTE ]

Finally after getting my candy I reached into the change dispenser to get my change… TWO DIMES and A NICKLE! WTF VARIANCE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rake
Old 10-12-2006, 05:40 PM

OMG PLZ MAKE THESE STUPID POSTS GO AWAY
Old 10-12-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good & Plentys

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge beat.

so when anything remotely interesting (using the term loosely here) happens to 2p2ers, they're thinking "man i should make a thread in BBV about this later..."

[ QUOTE ]
OMG PLZ MAKE THESE STUPID POSTS GO AWAY

[/ QUOTE ]

so it didnt come to you that you COULD have pressed the change button and itd give your dollar back in all coins...
Old 10-12-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so it didnt come to you that you COULD have pressed the change button and itd give your dollar back in all coins...

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... I guess I need to to include more details in the OP. When I pressed to change return button it gave me my dollar back whole.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so when anything remotely interesting (using the term loosely here) happens to 2p2ers, they're thinking "man i should make a thread in OOT about this later...wait I dont want to get banned...so...BBV it is! Now how could this be construed to be a beat?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so when anything remotely interesting (using the term loosely here) happens to 2p2ers, they're thinking "man i should make a thread in OOT about this later...wait I dont want to get banned...so...BBV it is! Now how could this be construed to be a beat?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... whatever; did you seriously expect something better giving the title?

I thought it was pretty funny that whoever programmed the machine was such a tard. It was just supposed to be some light hearted humor.