Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Statistics off-line and non-PT sites

Alright, the title says it all. I'm looking for a statistics tool to record offline sessions and non-PT sites. I currently do this at checkmybets.com, but I am not alltogether happy with putting that information on the net. An alternative I've found is StatKing, so I would like to know whether it's any good. Of course you could do a lot just with Excel, but are the extra-functions Statsoftware offers worth 30$ (or are there any cheaper good programs???)

Okay, thank you in advance...
Old 10-12-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Statistics off-line and non-PT sites

You could surely do it in Excel. I have done it there, but I really prefer StatKing. It's an older program and not really fancy, but it does keep a nice concise view of your stats which can be sliced and diced in many different ways. Basically, you enter information about each session. You can view it as straight sessions or create other useful views, such as by game type, month, year, cardroom, etc. It'll calculation your standard dev and other stats.

I think it was a worthwhile tool, myself.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Statistics off-line and non-PT sites

I use www.pokerdominator.com for recording all my sessions. I think it's basically an online excel spreadsheet into which you enter you sessions on forms and can produce lots of graphs etc.

Not sure what the programs are you mentioned, but have a look at pokerdominator.

Whenever I have a bad day/week, I look at my long-term charts for the bigger picture and it makes me want to keep grinding.