Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Weird Eye Problem Dealy

So I have no clue what forum to post this in, but I'd just like to hear some feedback on this...

Alright, so sometimes I randomlly lose my vision; out of nowhere certain words disappear and it feels as if there's a huge glare affecting my sight. I always figured this happens to everyone when their eyes get tired, but I talked to some of my buddies and apparently none of them have experienced this. Normally as a remedy I just stare at the ground for like 30 minutes or I have a can of coke and afterwards can see just fine. But it's pretty frustrating to be sitting in lecture and suddenly not be able to see (I also get a headache). It's both eyes (I've tried covering up each to see which one is problematic).

Anyway, I'm wondering a) Have any of you experienced this? b) Have you found a good remedy for it (maybe some eye drops er something)? I assume it just comes from concentrating for too long of a time on not that much sleep...thus, I don't see the point of going to a doctor. But if none of you have any idea what I'm takling about, I guess I may as well go to a doctor.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Weird Eye Problem Dealy

i may be totally wrong, but i think this is a symptom for diabetes.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:56 PM

that would be really awesome. my mom and grandma have diabetes. alright, time to start googling diabetes stuff.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:57 PM

You said you drank a coke to feel better, and what does coke have a lot of? Good idea on the googling.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM

I'm no doctor, but I think periodically losing your vision isn't probably something to ignore. You might want to get that checked out.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 PM

You say it's accompanied by a headache. It could be a migraine. Many people who suffer from migraines get them accompanied by blind spots (I have some experience in this).
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 PM

One time I got a blind spot in my vision for a couple of hours. It was very weird.

It only happened once, and it was after playing basketball for a couple hours, so I thought it might have something to do with fatigue.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:10 PM

ya maybe ignoring this for 5 years wasn't so smart. and it's impossible to find anything accurate with google. they're all "feels tired, loses weight." i exercise a lot and i don't sleep a lot so that doesn't help. in conclusion, i guess i'll see a doctor. baaaaah.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say it's accompanied by a headache. It could be a migraine. Many people who suffer from migraines get them accompanied by blind spots (I have some experience in this).

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the headache comes from the f.cked up vision.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One time I got a blind spot in my vision for a couple of hours. It was very weird.

It only happened once, and it was after playing basketball for a couple hours, so I thought it might have something to do with fatigue.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i always just attribute it to fatigue. but lots of people get fatigued so you'd think that a good amount of people would have this problem.