Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 PM

Default How many of you have graduated to higher stakes?

I am curious, as many of you seem more concerned with making a bunch of posts rather than just get it done. With how easy the game was in the past few years, at least some of you should have a very nice sized bankroll. Enough to almost retire or cut back. I'm not talking about those few of us that were already at a high level back when the internet game started.

How many of you have made it so that you can at least beat a 20-40 limit game or its equivalent? Starting from lower. Make up a new name and post under that if you don't like to reveal info.

Unless you have different personal goals, if you are not making at least a 100k in today's environment, you have ALOT of work to do.

By dear god, if you have more than 500 posts and you haven't got there yet, you need to stop posting and start THINKING.

I will trust all of you to post the truth, because poker players never lie [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PS. How many of you would be interested in a serious discussion on how to avoid colluders, which is something necessary as you move higher. If there is real interest, I'll start a thread. OR maybe I should post on one of the strategy forums? Advice?

DY.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 PM

Default Re: How many of you have graduated to higher stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
at least some of you should have a very nice sized bankroll. Enough to almost retire or cut back. I'm not talking about those few of us that were already at a high level back when the internet game started.

Unless you have different personal goals, if you are not making at least a 100k in today's environment, you have ALOT of work to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, how much money do you think it would take for you to retire? If you live in your parents basement, sure, you can probably quit now - but not everybody is 23 years old with no bills.

Do you own a home? Believe me, $100K is nothing.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2006, 02:07 PM

9.5"
Old 10-12-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at least some of you should have a very nice sized bankroll. Enough to almost retire or cut back. I'm not talking about those few of us that were already at a high level back when the internet game started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, how much money do you think it would take for you to retire? If you live in your parents basement, sure, you can probably quit now - but not everybody is 23 years old with no bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:16 PM

at current market value $100k gives you a decent sized trailer with about half an acre of land. Def not the glorious life.

My non-gambling friend just dropped 90k (well got a loan) for such a place and has spent $10k fixing it up... Its nice but I wouldn't want to live there forever.

He makes $10 an hour though so idk. not bad for his age though (22)

Also some of use are not really serious players. You can't be making $100k a year playing poker without some serious work. You can't put in the time to do the serious work unless you have no other commitments - school + work 40+ hours a week dont leave much time for recreation.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on his post, I would guess no.

Is the aim of poker to make a lot of money anyway? Do the number of posts you have mean you're spending more time playing poker? Is everyone here a pro?

Does having 500 posts in the zoo make you better at poker? :]

(incidentally, I am up $35k from 80k hands this year, most of it the last two months, which includes moving up three times, to games that need a bigger bankroll than 20/40)
Old 10-12-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at current market value $100k gives you a decent sized trailer with about half an acre of land. Def not the glorious life.

My non-gambling friend just dropped 90k (well got a loan) for such a place and has spent $10k fixing it up... Its nice but I wouldn't want to live there forever.

He makes $10 an hour though so idk. not bad for his age though (22)

Also some of use are not really serious players. You can't be making $100k a year playing poker without some serious work. You can't put in the time to do the serious work unless you have no other commitments - school + work 40+ hours a week dont leave much time for recreation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd need about 40 times that to even think about stopping work.

That wouldn't even cover my bills for more than a few years
Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 PM

I actually went down in levels. i used to frequent the 30/60 games, even 50/100, shooting above my bankroll, at times playing like an ass. 2 months of losing straightened me out, and now I mainly play 10/20 and grind away for 1BB/100 + rakeback. I'm up on the year overall, maybe 20K but I have alot of work to do. Making 100K a year playing poker would be fantastic and certainly something to be proud of (assuming that it's won through skill not getting lucky at high levels). For me, 10/20 limit is the perfect level to maximize rakeback while keeping a reign on risk.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:01 PM

I understand you people are very poorly educated, but do you understand I said 100k a year minimum?

Do I own a home? Thats the first thing I've recommended inexperienced players to buy. Try researching.

By the way, I noticed you didn't answer the question. Good job.

I also continue to recommend that you all learn how to beat higher games. But disregard at your own peril. I stated this during the height of the good times knowing very well it would be laughed at. Times, they are a changing. I wonder how much the average small stakes multibler is now compared with two years ago? Or two years from now?

Look, I many of you are angry that your gig is about to change, so someone like me who will tell you the truth is an easy target. They will tell Lee Jones how great he is for towing the status quo, but someone who upsets their limited thinking ability... But that's ok, I've long known how to induce them to put their money in as a dog. Well before the first internet game was played.

But there is no need to worry for those very few of you who dedicate yourself to poker (or anything else for that matter). You will do well.

Again if you have 500+ posts and don't make 100k A YEAR or MORE, you have a lot of work to do. If thats you don't respond to this post with some petty remark, study hard and THINK. In spite of what BenFranklin and others have posted in the past it is not that hard, but you will have to work at it.

Happy Friday the 13th.

DY.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually went down in levels. i used to frequent the 30/60 games, even 50/100, shooting above my bankroll, at times playing like an ass. 2 months of losing straightened me out, and now I mainly play 10/20 and grind away for 1BB/100 + rakeback. I'm up on the year overall, maybe 20K but I have alot of work to do. Making 100K a year playing poker would be fantastic and certainly something to be proud of (assuming that it's won through skill not getting lucky at high levels). For me, 10/20 limit is the perfect level to maximize rakeback while keeping a reign on risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

CD,

It sounds like you have learned a lot so far. If you keep thinking about the games you are playing in and posting in the strategy and/or discussing strategy with other good players through IM, I think you will find yourself able to make $100K / year very soon.*

* Assuming online poker doesn't take a huge hit in the near future, which is always a possibility.