Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Neteller is a safe haven! Put your money there

If you make your poker transactions from the site to Neteller it goes to Neteller than your bank account. There is no direct deposit to your bank account from a gambling site. Neteller is also in the United Kindgom so it is safe. You could buy a book on Amazon.com or cashout from partypoker,

IT WON'T MATTER, I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS, SO NO ONE WORRY [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SO EVERYONE HERE B!TCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING, NEEDS TO SAC UP AND SHUT THE HELL UP BEFORE YOU SCARE OFF ALL THE PLAYERS! YOU PUSSES [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM

Default Re: NETELLER IS A SAFE HAVEN! PUT YOUR MONEY THEIR

It's true that Neteller WAS a safe haven, but isn't the present issue that Neteller will not be allowing deposits to gaming sites? Also, isn't it possible that the new legislation will, in effect, put Neteller on the list of merchants that are unlawful for U.S. citizens to use?

I've only done minor reading about this new law with regards to Neteller, but from what I understand, shortly it will be very difficult/impossible for U.S. citizens to use Neteller with regards to gaming sites, or at all.

I'd greatly appreciate anyone with accurate knowledge on the Neteller situation to clearly explain.

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 PM

FIRST OFF, NETELLER IS A WORLD WIDE INTERNET MERCHANT, HOW THE HELL IS THE US GOING TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUYING THINGS OR MAKING TRANSACTIONS ONLINE, IS THE US CONGRESS SHUTTING DOWN INTERNET ECONOMICS!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM

I can't see how the US could track what transactions Neteller does since Neteller isn't a US company. That being said, if Neteller accepts transactions from US citizens for gambling purposes, then it is knowingly breaking US law. But is Neteller required to follow US law?

The real question is: is this enforceable? I guess it really depends on how much pressure the US government is willing to put on the executives at Neteller. How much resources will the US set into place to enforce this law?

Is this a law with teeth? Or is it just a scare-tactic.

I really don't know. And right now I'm thankful i'm Canadian.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FIRST OFF, NETELLER IS A WORLD WIDE INTERNET MERCHANT IDIOT, HOW THE HELL IS THE US GOING TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUYING THINGS OR MAKING TRANSACTIONS ONLINE, IS THE US CONGRESS SHUTTING DOWN INTERNET ECONOMICS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're "Caps Lock" is STUCK. It makes you look like an IDIOT.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 PM

It's true that Neteller is not bound by U.S. laws, but for someone to use Neteller, must they first deposit money from their bank? The new law may prohibit this transaction from taking place (for U.S. citizens).
Old 10-12-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's true that Neteller is not bound by U.S. laws, but for someone to use Neteller, must they first deposit money from their bank? The new law may prohibit this transaction from taking place (for U.S. citizens).

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what you are saying. Neteller doesn't JUST provide transactions to gambling sites. They service thousands of other clients. Restricting a deposit to Neteller would unjustly penalize those people wanting to shop legally online, and would violate WTO agreements.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what you are saying. Neteller doesn't JUST provide transactions to gambling sites. They service thousands of other clients. Restricting a deposit to Neteller would unjustly penalize those people wanting to shop legally online, and would violate WTO agreements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Restricting a deposit to Neteller would unjustly penalize those people wanting to shop legally online, and would violate WTO agreements.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the US always honors WTO agreements!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't see this taking place. Some people might put money into Neteller for buying books on Amazon, foreign travel, or any other number of legitimate reasons.

How does this US law prevent a US citizen making a deposit from his bank to an Internet bank? What does that transaction have to do with gambling?