Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 08:13 PM

Default shuffled hole cards

I did a search and I couldn't find anything....

Do they shuffle the hole cards on Stars?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: shuffled hole cards

[ QUOTE ]
I did a search and I couldn't find anything....

Do they shuffle the hole cards on Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't use to and AFAIK still don't.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Stars doesn't, Party doesn't. The Cryptos do.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:20 PM

Party does. To turn on "Shuffle hole cards", click on the dealer tray and mark the little box with a #2 pencil.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:32 PM

Stars definitely does not shuffle hole cards or any of the cards for that matter. Crypto sites re-arrange the whole hand. FTP shuffles just the hole cards.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM

Sorry for noob question, but what is it mean? And how would this info affect my play?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:22 AM

The fact that a particular poker site re-arranges or doesn't re-arrange cards from the order in which they were dealt shouldn't directly affect your own play. However, if a site does re-arrange some or all of the cards at showdown, it makes it more difficult/impossible for you to figure out what opponents' starting cards were and what tactics they were using from street to street. Over time, it is much easier to get a read on opponents at sites that don't shuffle cards at showdown than it is at sites that do shuffle them.

FWIW, in my experiences as a new player at FTP (where they re-arrange hole cards at showdown) this past weekend, I ran across a few players that were not even aware that cards were being re-arranged. When I showed down against them and won, they commented to me that I had sucked-out on them and/or had played like a maniac raising on air, etc. In other words, they thought I was LAG, when in fact I'm anything but. It occurred to me that I could use this to my advantage and did so later in the game.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:00 PM

When I first saw comments about sites that shuffled the hole cards, I had assumed that they did this in the hand histories but not live at the table. But reading your comment here makes me think that they also do it live when the hands are shown down. Is this correct?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:33 PM

BTW, this is what got me wondering in the first place....

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.70 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (2.85 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.85 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.85 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (8.85 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $8.85 | Rake $0.40

Seat 5: [As 6h Ks 4d 7c 7h Kh] (two pair, Kings and Sevens)

Hero: [Kc Jd 4s Jh Qh 2s 4c]

</font>
Old 10-12-2006, 12:35 PM

Yes, they do it live at showdown. At cryptogic sites, they re-arrange the whole hand so that the five cards that make up your poker hand are all moved to the left and displayed in order of precedence from left to right. As far as I can tell, at FTP they just randomly shuffle your hole cards, and sometimes don't shuffle them at all. Why FTP does it this way is a mystery to me, and I assume that whether they re-arrange or don't re-arrange your hole cards on any given hand is also done randomly.