Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM

Default This is why I Love Pokerstars

I have been going back and forth with Pokerstars on a fubared giftcard transaction:

Rich

Hi
>More Giftcard Drama . I received the $500 virtual giftcard and all is fine with that. It seems that the $200 purchase was a physical card that was mailed to you. (see pasted message below)

Can we just cancel this transaction. In a day or so I will have enough for another $500 card anyway. If not then please either forward the gift card to me or request that they reissue it as a virtual card. Please let
me know what you plan to do.

Regards and sorry for all the trouble.
Jimmy

Hi Jim -
When I get the $200 gift card, I'm sending it to you. This is a gift from PokerStars as a way of thanking you for yor patience and loyalty. I have deposited 13,500 FPPs in your account ($200 worth of FPPs).
Again, thanks for your patience, my sincere apology for any inconvenience.

Kindest Regards,
Rich
PokerStars VIP CLUB
Old 10-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: This is why I Love Pokerstars

[ QUOTE ]
I have been going back and forth with Pokerstars on a fubared giftcard transaction:

Rich

Hi
>More Giftcard Drama . I received the $500 virtual giftcard and all is fine with that. It seems that the $200 purchase was a physical card that was mailed to you. (see pasted message below)

Can we just cancel this transaction. In a day or so I will have enough for another $500 card anyway. If not then please either forward the gift card to me or request that they reissue it as a virtual card. Please let
me know what you plan to do.

Regards and sorry for all the trouble.
Jimmy

Hi Jim -
When I get the $200 gift card, I'm sending it to you. This is a gift from PokerStars as a way of thanking you for yor patience and loyalty. I have deposited 13,500 FPPs in your account ($200 worth of FPPs).
Again, thanks for your patience, my sincere apology for any inconvenience.

Kindest Regards,
Rich
PokerStars VIP CLUB

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 PM

Anyone really think PokerStars is bailing out of the US market? Why would they continue to act in such a way if they were about to abandon the american market? Not going to happen.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone really think PokerStars is bailing out of the US market? Why would they continue to act in such a way if they were about to abandon the american market? Not going to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't think they are going to bail out of the us market but this isn't evidence of it. I highly doubt that the vip team knows the ultimate decision and thus things are business as usual for them until they hear which will likely be about two minutes before we do.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:13 PM

mostly agree.

Although it's possible they have internally let people in their VIP know what they are doing by now.

If Stars is going to make a statement today or tomorrow then they want to inform their VIP team BEFORE that happens because they can expect lots of Q's about it. Thus, they need to give their own employees SOME amount of advance notice (contrary to how some other sites operate sometimes where it seems their cust-serv people are the last to know).

Also, I think Stars would continue to act in such a classy manner to their customers even if they knew they were pulling out of the U.S. Because you never know if they will change their minds in a few months and go back into the U.S. or might even be able to legally enter the market somehow if that opportunity arises.

Also, I just think Stars would act in such a manner regardless because it is the right thing to do. And because they still have a lot of customers internationally and their reputation with these customers is important to them as well.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:28 PM

if stars stays, i think its game over as far as which site will be the next #1. the other sites have some good in them, but stars is the only one that has demonstrated a very high level of customer service.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if stars stays, i think its game over as far as which site will be the next #1. the other sites have some good in them, but stars is the only one that has demonstrated a very high level of customer service.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they dont have Rake Back.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can lead a horse to water....
Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Microbob was kind enough to enlighten me in another post as to the effect the Star's FPP system has to in effect make rakeback for any player without the need of an affiliate. I will try to find the post again.

Edit Thread Seems it was RikaKazak not Microbob, but of course, MB has posts in the thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2006, 01:51 PM

Lots of people have made various posts about the 'rakeback percentage equivilent' one gets at various stakes and various levels of the Stars program.

If you play 2/4 through 5/10 limit 10-player it will be a pretty high percentage but probably a rockier game.

If you play 5/10 or 10/20 limit 6-max it will be a much lower percentage.

If you play No-limit, especially shorthanded no-limit, your percentage will be even smaller....bordering on really freaking crappy I suspect.

SNG's and MTT's are pretty consistent rake-back wise evidently but I don't play those very much.

Some people here will say something like, "Supernova is like 28%" which I don't think is really correct at all.

It will be close to 28% at certain games and stakes.

But on other games it will be way short of that.
And on other games it could be much higher than that.

Please note that the only reason the percentage is higher on 1/2 or 2/4 limit full-ring is because of the rake structure there.
Most of the time you will be making NOTHING because the pots will be unraked. anybody who plays 1/2 limit can tell you that point accrual there is extremely slow.
But the 'rake-back percentage equivilent' is actually extremely high there on those almost rare occasions that you actually do earn a VPP.

Talking about how the rakeback percentage at 1/2 or 2/4 limit if you're supernova also has it's own contradictions because it would be much harder to get to supernova in the first place at those stakes.