Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 01:27 AM

Default another edition of How Many Bets?

Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Live 2/4. Table is average. Villain in CO has been quiet. Probably something like 25/0, if that helps. I've only seen him bet when he has a hand (though obviously he calls a lot).

Limped pot, 5 ways.

Flop (5 SB): A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

HERO BETS, mp caller, co villain calls.

Turn (4 BB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

HERO BETS, mp folds, CO RAISES.

hero muses to himself, but loud enough for villain to hear, "if you had the flush, why didn't you raise the flop?" [pause for effect]

HERO 3BETS, CO CAPS, hero calls.

River (12 BB): 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

hero checks, CO BETS, HERO RAISES, CO 3BETS.

1. because the river began HU, there are now unlimited raises. how many bets are you going here? stop now? go to the felt? some other number?

2. i have never seen a post with math about this (probably because the situation is so rare). how often do you have to be ahead to put in the 5th bet? 7th? (this is maybe the kind of thing i should just look up in a statistics textbook)

3. i am well aware that the answer to "why didn't you raise the flop?" is because "omg i'm a fish and i flopped a flush SLOWPLAYAMENTS".
Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Re: another edition of How Many Bets?

call the 3-bet. the other option is check call the river. going any more bets is waywaywayway overboard sir.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. i have never seen a post with math about this (probably because the situation is so rare). how often do you have to be ahead to put in the 5th bet? 7th? (this is maybe the kind of thing i should just look up in a statistics textbook)

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer for "How often must I be ahead to put in the nth bet?" is the same as "How often must I be ahead to put in the n+2th bet?" The only difference is that, every time he raises, you should say, "Hmm, I just got raised again, so I should tighten his range a bit" and reevaluate whether or not a raise is +EV vs. his new range. In other words there really is no specific math to this, it all comes down to just how nuts you expect him to go with hands worse than yours.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:47 AM

I'd call. I'd call this online also.

Fold PF?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:56 AM

miles & VA: why are we only calling here, do you think we are up against a bigger boat THAT often?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
miles & VA: why are we only calling here, do you think we are up against a bigger boat THAT often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he doesn't seem to care that we might have a boat, and we have close to the worst boat possible, so...
Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 AM

Grunch.

We've already gone far enough. I don't think maths is going to help here because you either think he's an idiot or you don't.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:22 AM

Well u have the complette nuts on this board!? why do u just simply call the 3-bet on the river?i would even make it a cap!there is nothign that can beat u!Or is that wrong?sry i am new!...
Old 10-10-2006, 06:45 AM

66, 88, AA
Old 10-10-2006, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. i am well aware that the answer to "why didn't you raise the flop?" is because "omg i'm a fish and i flopped a flush SLOWPLAYAMENTS".

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's: 'I have a set of 6's but Im sure that passive f**, with socks in his sandals, has a flush since he is betting into a crowd. His so f* smart, always beating my good hands'.