Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 AM

Default NL400: Fold OESFD on the flop??

I'm new to the table, so no reads.

NL400 5-handed at FTP
Relevant stacks:
CO: 191
BB: 326
I cover

PF: Dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I open for $14 in UTG, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 56)
SB and BB check, I pot it, CO pushes, SB folds, BB calls, I...

The pot is now 466. I have 121 to call and BB's got 139 left behind. Since it is (or seems like) a pretty clear push of fold and BB is almost certainly calling my push, should I push for 260 into 605?

Comments all-round are appreciated.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: NL400: Fold OESFD on the flop??

I am not good at math, but I fold call/push here because you have two outs to the absolute nuts. Moreover you are a favorite vs a toppair combination. What I noticed is that often in this situation someone has a flushdraw himself so I would discount your flush outs to 8. So you have 14 outs (at 14 is the line when you are favorite) and I would call.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 PM

Default Re: NL400: Fold OESFD on the flop??

[ QUOTE ]
I am not good at math, but I fold call/push here because you have two outs to the absolute nuts. Moreover you are a favorite vs a toppair combination. What I noticed is that often in this situation someone has a flushdraw himself so I would discount your flush outs to 8. So you have 14 outs (at 14 is the line when you are favorite) and I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you're saying. First of all, I don't have 2 outs to the absolute nuts, I have 1 (though quite possibly 2).

If someone has a higher FD, I'm hurting, and if the other has a J too then I'm really hurting. If one has JT and the other has a FD, I'm crushed.

There are some favourable situations though: AA and KQ, two sets, set and two pair, two two pairs.

I could be really good and I could be really bad. I called this pretty fast thinking wtf I've got the OESFD! But the more I think about it, the more I question it.