Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:53 AM

Default OT: nice vegas food

ok, having just gotten back from dinner, i wanted to ask the field:

i'm going to be out there for like 6 days or something, and intend to eat at at least 1 very nice restaurant, and am thinking that i should make reservations in the next couple of days at the latest to do so. so, does anyone who's going to be out there have interest in hitting any of the superhighend? and if so, which? clearly the question is "hitting the superhighend with me or others." duh. i find reservations for numbers other than 1 suck less than those for 1, and that i have little interest or likelihood of going with some stripper.

c
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: OT: nice vegas food

count me in wherever you go. I've never eaten at a really nice restraunt before though so I don't have any recommendations [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I bet that Irie can help us out though.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:00 AM

I'm in, we ate at a fairly nice place in bahamas and it was pretty awesome. so yeah definately in again
Old 01-29-2006, 02:00 AM

If you wait for the "Ask Daliman Anything" thread, you'll never figure out the bill.

Wait for the "Ask SkipperBob Anything" thread. You'll get the correct response there.

SlackerMcExperiencedinsuchthings
Old 01-29-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
count me in wherever you go. I've never eaten at a really nice restraunt before though so I don't have any recommendations [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I bet that Irie can help us out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newt,

As I had an incredibly pleasant (though too brief) time with you when we met, it's be great to head out with you. Remember to bring something respectable to wear! I promise not to yell at you for elbows on the table though.

note for anyone that wants to go out: the attire of superthin pants with no underwear that you'll be wearing hte rest of the time hoping a stripper might accidentally feel your penis will not be acceptable at the dinner table. at minimum there should be 2 layers of cloth separating l'il you from the outside world.

c
Old 01-29-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Newt,

As I had an incredibly pleasant (though too brief) time with you when we met, it's be great to head out with you. Remember to bring something respectable to wear! I promise not to yell at you for elbows on the table though.

note for anyone that wants to go out: the attire of superthin pants with no underwear that you'll be wearing hte rest of the time hoping a stripper might accidentally feel your penis will not be acceptable at the dinner table. at minimum there should be 2 layers of cloth separating l'il you from the outside world.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

"the only thing between him and us is a thin layer of gabardine!"
Old 01-29-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wait for the "Ask Daliman Anything" thread, you'll never figure out the bill.

Wait for the "Ask SkipperBob Anything" thread. You'll get the correct response there.

SlackerMcExperiencedinsuchthings

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the "Proper decorum and dress in a high-end steakhouse" thread, steer WAY clear of SMF
Old 01-29-2006, 02:08 AM

the two that are in my mind before doing any research at all were:

aureole

and

delmonico's

though i don't know if i trust any of you to be mature enough to eat in a place called aureole.

i'll do more research of course, and post more.

c
Old 01-29-2006, 02:09 AM

Whaaaaat?? Using BeefCake's shirt for flossing at the table isn't acceptable behavior? Yeesh. Vegas aint no fun at all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2006, 02:10 AM

Vegas is the food capital of America. You will be able to find anything that your heart desires. I'm jealous that I won't be able to attend. Maybe next time. That said, I will be in the Chicago area for the next month house sitting all by my lonesome. As I am highly social, I will likely need to interact. I do have a few friends that I will likely go to the city to visit, but I'll be down for whatever whenever.
Closed Thread