Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 08:18 PM

Default standard right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

villain like 27/18/pretty aggro over not a significant # of hands, so pretty much unknown.

Is the river push not super standard making-fistfulls-of-dollars push? the minraise does look fishy, but what cha gonna do?

Hero ($198.05)
MP ($205)
Button ($128.05)
SB ($99.10)
BB ($140.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $5, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $12</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $12.

Turn: ($44) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($44) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $90</font>, Hero calls $135.05 (All-In), MP calls $90.05.

Final Pot: $404.10
Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: rg

you play so ugly preflop, i like to c/r flop
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 PM

So uh, why did you flat call preflop UTG?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:29 PM

As others have said, raise preflop &amp; check-raise the flop. I'm playing to get it all in on the river. I don't think they have the nut flush often enough to make a re-raise -EV here.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:31 PM

Pre-Flop: Bring it in for a raise of 2.5-3x the BB.
Flop: I like the way you played this flop.
Turn: Good Check, since MP had the lead, and you are drawing.
River:Push is standard. You have to push here. The only thing that beats you is Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 PM

it is a crime to not raise this preflop in 6max.

while there's nothing specifically wrong with ch/ca on the flop, i think that it is more profitable to play draws like this aggressively. i think b3b is better than check/raise here, because some people are less likely to cbet multiway and this flop didn't hit anything. check/raising can get ugly when he flat calls and you don't know the best turn play. or you could always just check through the turn.

if you get raised, folding, calling, and pushing are all valid options.

the river is perfect, it looks a lot like flush over flush, and you will almost always have the over.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: standard right?

Whole hand is gross. I would normally lean towards lead 3 bet flop, but his preflop raise is more a pot juicer raise and I'm not sure if he is type to raise just cause you bet or to find out where he stands.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As others have said, raise preflop &amp; check-raise the flop. I'm playing to get it all in on the river. I don't think they have the nut flush often enough to make a re-raise -EV here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those saying to c/r flop (after making the obv pfr), is the plan to bet any turn and c/f the river if both turn/river don't hit you?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For those saying to c/r flop (after making the obv pfr), is the plan to bet any turn and c/f the river if both turn/river don't hit you?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r this flop after pfr is dumb. c/r this flop because OP played preflop badly
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So uh, why did you flat call preflop UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i've been experimenting with playing things weird like this lately, so here's my thinking.

Table was uber-loose, like 45%vpip, plenty of paying off. These guys sucked so bad I thought there was a really good chance I'd stack someone whether I raised pf or not.

discuss. less risk for the same payoff in my eyes, though I know there will be detractors, i know this is totally contrary thinking to this whole forum. intelligent discussion only please (sorry to disappoint all you name callers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )