Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Two hands.. Any comments on my line?

#1First hand, just came to the table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Fiksdal ($2)
UTG ($2.49)
Button ($5.84)
SB ($2.01)

Preflop: Fiksdal is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, Fiksdal checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fiksdal bets $0.08</font>, UTG calls $0.08, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.24) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Fiksdal bets $0.1</font>, UTG folds.

Do you value-bet here, or do you check, hoping he catches a
straight or a flush on the river?

#2 Next hand, directly after the first one. Note that villain is the same guy.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Fiksdal ($2.14)
BB ($2.39)
UTG ($5.82)
Button ($1.99)

Preflop: Fiksdal is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, Fiksdal completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Fiksdal checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Fiksdal bets $0.08</font>, BB calls $0.08, UTG folds, Button folds.

River: ($0.24) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Fiksdal bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.2</font>, Fiksdal calls $0.10.

Is just calling ok, or should I re-raise here?

All comments appreciated.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Two hands.. Any comments on my line?

I think the first hand I would check the turn. He's folding anyway, might as well see if he catches something and pays you on the river.

I think the second hand could go either way. If you raise, make it a little larger than a min-raise.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 AM

#1 Villain usually calls with a draw or overs, so betting is fine. Don't post results, that is remove 'UTG folds'.

#2 I would bet more on the turn. On the river you have to i) bet more at least 2/3 of the pot and ii) reraise, perhaps to 1.5-2x his bet. You have the best hand very often.

(Raw) Occurence of hands:
49.88% High card
42.25% One pair
4.75% Two pair
2.11% 3 of a kind
0.39% flush
0.19% straight
0.14% full house
0.02% 4 of a kind
0.001% straight flush

This table doesn't tell you of course, that a straight for example is always good. But it does tell you that in general two pair is a not very common hand. Two pair is a monster, especially if there is no straight or flush possible.

As played BB has AA, QQ never. AQ would be very weird. The only hands that beat you which are possible: Q7, Q8 or Q3 or a slowplayed set of 8s.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 AM

Hand 1:
Betting is just fine. I want more money in the pot and you're dishing out odds for him to call with a draw. Since he folded, I don't think any river card would make him go ballistic.

Hand 2:
Flat calling is fine. A raise on the river often means he´s got two pair beat. Not often enough that you should fold, but a re-raise from your part is unnecessary.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 AM

Thanks for the response.

[ QUOTE ]
#1 Villain usually calls with a draw or overs, so betting is fine. Don't post results, that is remove 'UTG folds'.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I was thinking about doing that, but when the hand just stopped there it would be obvious that he folded so whatever... lol
[ QUOTE ]

#2 I would bet more on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Why would I ever bet more than a PSB?

[ QUOTE ]

As played BB has AA, QQ never. AQ would be very weird. The only hands that beat you which are possible: Q7, Q8 or Q3 or a slowplayed set of 8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you have played at these stakes, but pre-flop, villains range is any two.

I do agree that I have the worst hand here close to never, so.. yeah I guess calling was pretty lame.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM

Hand 1
I bet the turn more like 2/3 - if he has a flush draw then he could call and when he hits we stack him. I know he folded but part of villans range on that flop are fdraws.

Hand 2
I like how you played this -calling the river minraise.
Why? Ax on the flop and I guess at these limts Ace rag is a large part of peoples ranges -and alot those 2pairs out there beat your 2pair.