Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 AM

Default Bodog experience -

Since the loss of many internet sites to US players is close at hand, I've been returning to some sites (like Paradise) and trying new ones, like Bodog.

Paradise has changed very little over the past few years, and I'll be playing there quite a bit since the other places I tried this past week were a bust.

The closest I could find to a good site was Bodog. There is not a large selection of games, but at least there was some selection and the % seeing the flop is often 40%+. However, in the three seperate days that I played I had several problems with the internet connection.

At first, I thought it was because I also had Code poker and Paradise going, but playing just Bodog today I was often "timed out" while playing hands. The worst was a hand where I led all the way and on the river the only other player in the hand had "XXX has not responded, xxx has x seconds to respond" listed in the chat box and never responded. Then I was told I had timed out and the software awarded the pot to the other player

I can't imagine the other player betting, and the player chat area didn't show a bet - so I was less than happy that they were awarded the pot since they held one pair, and I had aces up.

Customer service was prompt - but explained that I had timed out - disconnect was not an issue because I didn't get disconnected, and this was a hazard of online poker. Yeah, well so is my immediate withdrawl of funds a hazard to Bodog for having crappy servers.

And, to make matters worse, I deposited via my checking account and my deposit was deducted on Thursday, but they tell me it is still "pending" so I can't make a withdrawl.

Wow, I already miss my old sites. I even miss Pacific, where I never had problems until this past week when I went over thier limit for withdrawls.

So typical, they tell me I can't play there, but I need to confirm my ID (which I did last year because I went over the cashout limit) so I go to the page to do so and it's down, and I wait a day and finally get it done through Equifax and when I'm done, I get a popup saying I've already confirmed my ID - LOL. Can't play, can't cash out - Gonna be tougher than I thought [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (no, I'm not really worried, I'll get the bucks to Neteller in a week or so)

Sorry this was long and boring - I guess reality is starting to sink in.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Bodog experience -

I had to stop playing there last year due to the disconnections. I emailed support and they told me that it must be my unreliable wireless connection or some [censored] like that. wtf?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:00 AM

ive had similar probs in the past, i lost a sit n go i should have probably won... and the rest of my internet was fine. if you bitch enough they will sometimes credit a bonus, they did for me, and it was generous, 10+1 buyin and i got like 14.xx
Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 AM

bodogs software is almost as bad as pacifics and not worth playing
Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 AM

bodog sucks
Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 AM

Odd - I play there all the time and have NEVER been disconnected.

Or is this a keep people away thread.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bodog sucks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2006, 09:36 AM

I play there regularly and have not had any serious disconnect problems. Their software is a resource hog, though and I find that if i am multitabling with other sites open at the same time, it slows all sites up big time.

Pocono Drew
Old 10-09-2006, 04:45 PM

if you haven't been kicked off of bodog several times or have the software crash, you are either very lucky, or not playing on bodog
Old 10-09-2006, 05:03 PM

Whored bodog long ago, so I re-downloaded bodog last week figuring I'd check out the HOME OF THE WSOP CHAMPION and such. Input my username/password and was informed that I was not allowed to access the poker room and would need to contact security.

I shrugged and downloaded FTP.