Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 03:48 AM

Default 10/20 at Bellagio: Is this guy pulling a play?

Been in the game for about 3 hours, and at this point image is LAG/gambler. Been taking down a fair amount of decent and big pots, often putting opponents to the test with big bets they do not call, sometimes showing solid hands, sometimes not showing at all, and have ~18k total in front.

8 handed, folds around, button raises to 80. Call with TT in SB, and BB, a young kid who has been playing TAG looks down at his cards while engaged in casual conversation, and quickly becomes very quiet, thinks for about 1 minute and appears to be doing calculations in his head as he looks at the chips in the pot. It seems like he is trying to figure out what a pot-sized raise would be, and when asked, he says, " Well, I'm just trying to figure...never mind..." and raises to 360. Experience with the BB is he seem to be pretty knowledgeable, has made some very good reads, and a few strong folds at proper times. I have not seen him reraise this session, and when he's put $$$ in raising, he has always had a hand when shown. BB is also noticably shaking when he puts in the 360, and button comments on it. Button thinks for a long while and makes it seem like he's going to call, but doesn't. Checking BB's stack, he has ~1700 left after the raise. After much deliberation, I say let's gamble and call.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I lead out for 800, and BB looks concerned. After about 30 seconds,I tell him he doesn't need to hollywood, he doesn't have enough to make me fold, and he says, " Ok, then I'm allin" for ~ 900 more.

Now what?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:51 AM

Default Re: 10/20 at Bellagio: Is this guy pulling a play?

fold, but i think you should 3-bet the button opener and fold to the bb's 3-bet having flat called. as it were i hate your flop bet...all it does it let you know where you're at in the hand while minimizing ev.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:08 AM

so we're pretty certain he has a big pocket pair and now we are repping 6s full? fold to his raise. check fold the flop. If you want to bluff you have to check raise all in but I wouldn't suggest this either.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:11 AM

I fold to his preflop raise if hes as tight as you describe. Plus his shaking scares me.

But I think I call his flop raise if I get to that point and if it really looks like he is hollywooding as you say. . You have the stack for this call, why not.

edited. my math was off. but dali your numbers are off too. you said BB had 1700 to start. He bets 360 preflop. then you said he raises your 800 bet for 900 more. I think you meant he raises for 500 more. if that is the casee its an easy call. but im tired and confused. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2006, 04:13 AM

you have the stack for this call? hes playing a cash game.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to his preflop raise if hes as tight as you describe. Plus his shaking scares me.

But I think I call his flop raise if I get to that point and if it really looks like he is hollywooding as you say. . You have the stack for this call, why not.

edited. my math was off. but dali your numbers are off too. you said BB had 1700 to start. He bets 360 preflop. then you said he raises your 800 bet for 900 more. I think you meant he raises for 500 more. if that is the casee its an easy call. but im tired and confused. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are tired and confused.

[ QUOTE ]
Checking BB's stack, he has ~1700 left after the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2006, 04:28 AM

Holy mackeral, im so off. you are right dali. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2006, 04:36 AM

that is one ugly flop bet. preflop sucks too.. easy raise with hand as strong as TT vs button open imo.

anyways after you put that flop bet I think you have to call getting 3:1 because I think that weird flop lead/ your comment makes him push AK as bluff enough times to make it a profitable calll.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:57 AM

wow dali your bad
Old 10-08-2006, 05:54 AM

yeah, jesus, leading 800 into a raiser who has clearly picked up a biiiiiiiig hand is so bad
and the tells as you describe him that he has a huge hand are so blatantly obvious, c/f the flop if you must play at all