Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Life has no meaning

Life has no ultimate meaning. We are the most complex animals on the planet which sucks. Enlightenment vs pain is the struggle all smart humans have to deal with. Ideally I would never be alive nor would there be anything at all.

I wish their was a God and afterlife, then I'd have something to look forward too but I just don't see it.

There is no mystery in anything, everything can be explained but whether or not we have the ability to do that is what needs to be examined. This life is [censored] dumb, things like pride and ego and self importance make people think they are actually important, the need to feel needed is some bs human crutch that is encoded into our dna.

Everyone who thinks they have power and money and importance, newsflash you're not [censored] except a tiny organism on a [censored] little ass star. in some universe that was determine by chance.

and scarface is a [censored] [censored] movie.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Life has no meaning

[ QUOTE ]
Life has no ultimate meaning. We are the most complex animals on the planet which sucks. Enlightenment vs pain is the struggle all smart humans have to deal with. Ideally I would never be alive nor would there be anything at all.

I wish their was a God and afterlife, then I'd have something to look forward too but I just don't see it.

There is no mystery in anything, everything can be explained but whether or not we have the ability to do that is what needs to be examined. This life is [censored] dumb, things like pride and ego and self importance make people think they are actually important, the need to feel needed is some bs human crutch that is encoded into our dna.

Everyone who thinks they have power and money and importance, newsflash you're not [censored] except a tiny organism on a [censored] little ass star. in some universe that was determine by chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your time spent in promoting religion.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your time spent in promoting religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol do you think the promoter of religion believe this you dumb kid. They are in denial at the very least i am not denying anything.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:58 PM

Ve belief in nothink

Old 10-07-2006, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think there is nothing great about life on earth, then there isn't anything great about and afterlife either. I personally see no meaning in being a slave to some other being..but that's just me.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think there is nothing great about life on earth, then there isn't anything great about and afterlife either. I personally see no meaning in being a slave to some other being..but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But yet you see meaning in this life? Either way you look at it there is no meaning (from your point of you view).
Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 PM

It's just that theists use sorry saps like yourself, who can find no meaning in life, to point out why atheism must be wrong.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But yet you see meaning in this life? Either way you look at it there is no meaning (from your point of you view).

[/ QUOTE ]

of course there is no meaning..what the hell does "meaning" even mean anyway???

just try to give an example of a possible meaning of life...there are no examples

it seems that your problem is that you don't get satisfaction from anything (although I'm sure you must)

I like playing poker because I enjoy it..not because there is some greater meaning to it.

most people derive satisfaction from money, accomplishment, love, etc...that's the only meaning of life...and it doesn't make it any worse since there is nothing to compare it to since there is no possible meaning of life anyway.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:20 PM

Define "meaning"... If by "meaning" you mean something of importance which lasts forever, then yes... Nothing has meaning. But there is meaning in the present. In our lifetimes. It does matter what you do. If you can't get your head around that then....

YSSCKY.

Wow, I never thought I'd have the opportunity to seriously use that acronym.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just that theists use sorry saps like yourself, who can find no meaning in life, to point out why atheism must be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the fact that you are worried about what theists do is horrible.