Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 03:41 PM

Default 1/2 Two hands vs Murphprodigy for STACKZ

Everyone knows aggro TAG murph. Any other way to play them?

Hand 1 may not be as interesting.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($213)
UTG ($208.67)
Hero ($197)
Button ($217.78)
SB ($387.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $7, UTG calls $7.

Flop: ($28) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $85</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $63.

Turn: ($198) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB calls $119 (All-In), Hero calls $103 (All-In).

River: ($420) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $420

I dont want to comment on my call vs 4bet frequency on this hand but this is never a fold PF for me against him. Feel free to disagree on that. Also, we go back and forth a decent amount in reraised pots but this is the first time I think ive ever minraised him.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($130.25)
BB ($200)
Hero ($292)
Button ($208.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $22</font>, Hero calls $17.

Flop: ($49) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, BB calls $136 (All-In), Hero calls $96.

Turn: ($401) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($401) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $401
Old 10-07-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Two hands vs Murphprodigy for STACKZ

They both seem pretty zzz, although on my better days I fold flop in hand 1.

Paul

p.s. Not played w/ this guy.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:54 PM

hand1: he doesn't have QQ, but he doesnt have KK or AQ either. im not sure if he leads draws or check raises with them, i dont think i could let this go though. i would push flop.

hand2: nh. if he had been reraising you a lot, you could push too.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:56 PM

You played the hands fairly well good job. Ive never personally played with him, but from what I can see you played fairly well.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:04 PM

Hand 1 : if you're felting you should just push the flop. That's kind of marginal though since against him I think that CR is pretty much a set or a FD and your equity against that range isn't awesome.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:37 PM

I agree with CBloom that 3-betting AI is the best line - he doesn't have QQ as he'd reraise with that pf, so the only hands you're behind are 44 and 66. Just calling his raise on the flop basically obligates you to call his AI on the turn, so you might as well push when you may have a sliver of fold equity.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:41 PM

Location: 6max PLO @ Tilt, 6max NLHE @ Party (non monster!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with CBloom that 3-betting AI is the best line - he doesn't have QQ as he'd reraise with that pf, so the only hands you're behind are 44 and 66. Just calling his raise on the flop basically obligates you to call his AI on the turn, so you might as well push when you may have a sliver of fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course he's never folding a better hand and he's only folding hands we beat. You don't really want to fold a draw.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

WTF - "fold equity"

Can you tell me why you want FE here? The reason we don't raise is because we don't want the FE that an all in brings us.

True
Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course he's never folding a better hand and he's only folding hands we beat. You don't really want to fold a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really do want a draw to fold... but you won't get FE against that.

True
Old 10-07-2006, 04:57 PM

Location: 6max PLO @ Tilt, 6max NLHE @ Party (non monster!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you really do want a draw to fold... but you won't get FE against that.

True

[/ QUOTE ]
Love your explanation why, [censored]. No wonder I never post here.