Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Used accord vs: camry

I'm thinking I'm going to get either a used accord or camry, but I don't know which. They seem to have similar prices and overall specs, so I was wondering if anyone has any reason why I should choose one or the other.

Specifically, I'm looking to spend 8-13k on a used car. I need reliability above anything else, because I'm going to be almost definitely going to be going back to school next september and I don't want a ton of car problems. My commute now is about 50 miles a day round trip, so I'm good for probably 17.5k miles this year, then (hopefully if I go back to school) that should drop off a ton, at least by half. I might even sell the thing depending on where I end up. Ideally, whatever car I get I'd like it to survive without any major (i.e. non-maintenence) bilss for the next 4-5 years.

Any thoughts on the accord, camry or any other car you think might fit would be really, really appreciated. I HATE my current car, and I MUST get rid of it soon. I hate it so much that if I can't get anything for it for trade, I am going to smash it, Office Space-style.

If I do that, I promise pictures. I almost bought a 2001 accord ex in great condition with 88k miles on it for 9k yesterday as an impulse buy, but I thought the mileage was too high so I passed. The same place had a 2001 camry in excellent shape for 7k with 83k miles on it. Thoughts on either of those two would be appreciated as well.

Thanks-

-bb.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Used accord vs: camry

These two cars are so similar in their function that you should pick whichever one you think looks better or shop for both and take the best deal you can get. They are both considered very reliable but there's always a chance yours won't be. As far as mileage, I prefer newer year models with higher mileage vs. older year model with lower mileage. Make sure the car you get has service records showing all oil changes etc. so that you'll know it's been properly maintained. Proper maintenance and care from the beginning goes a long way towards extending the service life.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 PM

PM me if you decide on a Camry and before you make the purchase.

Jimbo
Old 10-10-2006, 12:19 AM

i believe the accord will have lower insuarnce costs (it will trust me....)