Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 03:14 AM

Default I\'m Back! 44 in the BB WPEX

Villian is a little loose and a little passive... your typical online marginal loser.

I have 44 in the BB with the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villen opens in MP. It folds to me. Hero calls.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero Checks. Villian Bets. Hero raises.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Bets. Villian Calls.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Bets.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Re: I\'m Back! 44 in the BB WPEX

You're back playing again? That's good.

So the villain raised from MP, right?

I wouldn't call from BB with a small pocket pair against a non-steal type PF raise without another person in the hand. This is usually an easy PF fold for me.

I think a call would be correct against some opponents though. You said he was loose? Is he a loose PF raiser? I think I'd rather him be aggressive than passive. Better odds on your money that way.

It seems to be a good flop for us. I'm not sure I like the check-raise. I think I would call down and bet into him if I improved. Then again, I think that if you're going to play marginal hands preflop, you need to capitalise when you seem to have the best of it postflop. Perhaps you were correct to check-raise. I'm a bit undecided on this one. It depends on the opponent of course...

Given that you did check-raise the flop, I think the turn bet is good when the second 6 comes.

I like the river bet with the flush. I think you should fold if he raises. Well, unless he is a crazy river bluffer...
Old 10-06-2006, 04:02 AM

c/r flop is good, i don't like river bet. he'll call with better hands and fold worse ones. you aren't getting value from ace high.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like river bet. he'll call with better hands and fold worse ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on the opponent. Against some opponents, check-calling would be correct. You can induce a bluff, etc.

However, in my experience, many SS passive, losing players would call with worse here.

It is for this reason that I have found the HU river play of bluffing when there is 4 to a flush on the board largely ineffective. SS players good and bad frequently call without a flush.

In this hand, the villain is passive so he seems unlikely to bluff or value bet a worse holding if we check. As it's matematically less likely he has a heart, I'm betting the river for value.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:03 AM

opponent dependent.

if he's aggressive like most wpex players I like the play to the river.

on the river you should check. your only hope for value is to induce a bluff from a non-heart hand. If you bet and he calls you are going to be beat almost all the time.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're back playing again? That's good.

So the villain raised from MP, right?

I wouldn't call from BB with a small pocket pair against a non-steal type PF raise without another person in the hand. This is usually an easy PF fold for me.

I think a call would be correct against some opponents though. You said he was loose? Is he a loose PF raiser? I think I'd rather him be aggressive than passive. Better odds on your money that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

only if he is very passive would i fold this. you are closing the action and are gettingover3-1 on a call. if the oppenent is even reasonably aggresive thats a call and a call down unless two or more broad ways are on board. somtimes i still call depending on what cards they are. this is a perfect time to snap bluffs.
but even if they are passive you can bet a safe flop a safe turn and c/c the river if they would bluff you or fold to any raise. either way thats a call for me
thoughts?