Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 06:50 PM

Default US players creating accounts with foreign addresses on Party Poker.

So, after Party Poker stops accepting wagers from US players, how do you plan on still playing at Party poker? I plan on still playing and I see two things which need to be accomplished.
1. Using an IP address that is not coming from the US.
2 Creaing an account at Party Poker that use's a foreign address.

The first problem is easily accomplished using Proxy servers. Which, for the technically savy is no promblem. The second problem is where I'm stuck. Here is what I've come up with so far.
Should I just change my existing party account to have a foreign address?
OR
Should I get a forien bank account that gives Debit cards, and use a foriegn address and create a new account?

The problem with these methods is if Party Poker asks me to verify my identy. Is that a significant concern? If I couldn't prove my identy would they confiscate my funds? Am I committing some sort of international fraud if I do so?

How does everyone else plan on getting around the new rules?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:07 PM

Default Re: US players creating accounts with foreign addresses on Party Poker.

i am far from giving up, but your going further then i would. i think waiting/switching sites would just be alot smarter.
edit: or safer
Old 10-04-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: US players creating accounts with foreign addresses on Party Poker.

Online poker will still exist in one way or another in the US. I don't think it's going anywhere. The real issue is not for people like you who'd be using proxy servers and using foreign bank accounts. It's the average joe (fish) who won't go through all that trouble to play poker when they get home from work.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: US players creating accounts with foreign addresses on Party Poker

Mabye so, but I'd like to have all my options open.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:36 PM

It can probably be done, but I think you need to take a closer look at the situation and ask yourself if it's really worth the trouble just so you can play on Party.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM

If party was going to somehow maintain its vast fields of recreational players, it would be worth it. Obviously though, the clientele will now consist of European omaha players, ond TPT posters who went far out of their way to be there.

One or more of the other sites will fill up until things get straightened out, not sure which ones though.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM

So it seems nobody has any idea how to do this.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Regarding 1, I'm aware how you can change a web browser to use a proxy but how does this work for the poker software won't that connect through your direct internet connection i.e. not via the proxy. Enlighten me.

Regarding 2, hypothetically speaking you would need both a non US address and non US bank account. You would be better off opening a new poker account as party will require documentation to show a change of address (e.g. a utility bill) where as this would not be required for a new account. If you had friend’s/relatives in another country e.g. the UK it's not that difficult to get a bank account with one of the banks designed just for internet/telephone banking as long as you have a viable local address and someone willing to forward on mail. This way you would never be required to actually attend the branch and could transfer money to a US bank via phone banking.

Of course this would be deceiving the poker site and bank which may or may not be criminal offences and would be putting your funds at risk. There will be other sites to play at and you would be better off attempting that than anything dodgy.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:35 PM

First find someone you know in Canada. Than you utulize that mailing address. Than you ask them to get you a prepaid cell phone with a Canadain # They could mail it to you. Thus you have an address and a phone #. Therefore you should be able to get a neteller account. You may have to pay them a transaction fee. depending also on your profits if they maintain a job your winnings could be non taxable.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:43 PM

Imagine who is left here to play on party,or any online poker site. The average Joe is not going to go through all this trouble to set up foreign accounts. Only the pros or those who have been successful(a small minority)will remain.I can see the playing field consisting of pros,colluding teams and bots.