Old 10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
SinPies SinPies is offline

Location: HOLD
Default Firepay gouging customers?

Wil Wheaton just posted something related to depositing/withdrawing over at Card Squad:

Firepay gouging customers?

Sorry if this is already posted or if this is the wrong forum. There's a lot to wade through so I may have missed it.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:50 PM
IGotABigDeck IGotABigDeck is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: Firepay gouging customers?

i just redeposited and cashed out through IGMpay instead of paying that ridiculous fee
Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
CatfishKing CatfishKing is offline
Member

its always been 10 dollars
Old 10-04-2006, 03:57 PM
BobJoeJim BobJoeJim is offline

Location: Ashland, OR

[ QUOTE ]
its always been 10 dollars

[/ QUOTE ]
No it hasn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi BobJoeJim,

FirePay charges a fee of $10.00 per withdrawal to your bank account.

Unfortunately this fee must be charged to defray the processing costs associated with withdrawal transactions.

This policy was made effective as of October 2nd. These policies are subject to change without notification.

Best regards,

Joel
Customer Service
FirePay Personal Accounts
www.firepay.com
info@firepay.com

We welcome all of your comments and suggestions. To provide feedback on the quality of our customer service, please send an email to FEEDBACK@FIREPAY.COM. Please note that this address is for feedback only and is only reviewed once each day; any customer service questions or issues should continue to be sent to INFO@FIREPAY.COM, where agents are working around the clock to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
ASmith84 ASmith84 is offline

Location: In search of 100NL coach

It's been $10 before the legislation was even close to passing. They gave me some BS about having to charge me $10 per bank withdrawal because I did not have an "active" account.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:11 PM
SinPies SinPies is offline

Location: HOLD

I have never had to pay a fee when withdrawing from Firepay. And the letter above says Oct. 2. Maybe your situation was different. From the above post and Wheaton's blog entry, it really looks like they're taking advantage of the rush to withdraw.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
steel108 steel108 is offline

Location: ^^^^ I\'m going to hell

This is a new thing. I was never charged to for using Firepay. I have made countless deposits to my bank account for free.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute

Firepay has always been shady IMO. This is not shocking at all.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Quanah Parker Quanah Parker is offline

Location: Stoc:N2SmokNbears

They stuck me for the $10 fee for the 1st time last night.

I was thinking I should sign up with Netteller anyway, now I got another reason to.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:31 PM
PurpleLight PurpleLight is offline

Location: Watching Intently

Check out the exchange rates Firepay gives you. For me as a Canadian, when I withdraw from a site into Firepay they pay me only 9% exchange on US funds, but when I deposit into a US funded site I have to pay 15%.

When moving tens of thousands of dollars this became really quite expensive, a hell of a fee if I've ever seen one.

Here's the official exchange table from Firepay

Conversion Rates
Conversion Rates for CAD
Currency FirePay to Merchant Merchant to FirePay
USD 0.860511 1.092300
EUR 0.677874 1.386400
GBP 0.457164 2.055800

Once my new Neteller account is up my business with Firepay is over.