Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Statement by WSEX_GM

The Congress of the United States passed a bill outlawing the ACCEPTANCE of financial transactions for ILLEGAL Internet gambling.

World Sports Exchange, WSEX.com, and all of its sister companies are LEGAL and licensed businesses regulated by the Gaming Commission of Antigua and Barbuda. We are wholly located in Antigua and do no business or run any part of our operation on US soil. We do not assert any legal opinion of gaming in your jurisdiction, only Antigua and Barbuda.

The World Trade Organization, the WTO, has recognized the right of Antiguan companies to be in this business and has instructed the United States to stop trying to block US residents from playing at Antiguan operations.

Nothing in the bill criminalizes placing a bet or sending money to or receiving money from an offshore gambling business.

The bill if signed into law by the President gives the banking regulators 270 days, 9 months, to figure out how to enforce it. It puts the burden of enforcing the law on the US banking system. Most experts believe they will not be able to get in done in that time, and many believe whatever system they come up with will not work.

We strongly suggest that our players get set up with alternative payment systems.

WSEX has always and will continue to fight for the players’ rights to spend their gambling dollars as they see fit, not just on US state sanctioned state lotteries or other outlets where the US government gets a piece of the action.

In other news, it's Wednesday. "Aces Never Lose."
Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Statement by WSEX_GM

is anyone ever going to post the best way to setup an offshore account or what?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:39 PM

WSEX RULES!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX RULES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, WSEX and Stars are the two best I-gaming companies and it's not close.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:01 PM

WSEX, are you hearing anything about regulation?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:43 PM

nice statement WSEX GM.
I very much appreciate hearing from you directly as opposed to a statement from one of your cust-serv reps.
I just don't consider such cust-serv e-mail responses from any of the sites to be nearly as credible as hearing from GM's and CEO's of the sites.

Thanks for specifically pointing out that under the WTO decision you are completely allowed to continue accepting Americans' bets regardless of whatever legislation the U.S. passes.

I will continue to play on WSEX and will also continue to give you some of my sports-betting action (all $20/gm of it!!).
I do hope you guys are able to work out some of the software and disconnect issues that many have been complaining about and also hope you aggressively market your site as best you can in the U.S. and internationally.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM

You sir, will get my business from now on.

A couple questions,
What alternative payment methods would you recommend?

As soon as the first American gets his balls broken over this (it'll happen, I guarantee you they'll try to make an example out of at least ONE guy just to make it look like they give a crap), how much of a fight would you as a company or as the leader of an industry-wide group be willing to put up in order to "fight for the players’ rights to spend their gambling dollars as they see fit"?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM

with only 1500 peak traffic, i can't beat the ring games there and there aren't hardly any sng's [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

hopefully more people come.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In other news, it's Wednesday. "Aces Never Lose."

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, Sir.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:07 PM

i hope you guys plan on redoing your software.

maybe steal pokerstars software. yea, that'll do.