Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Internet Legislation Prayer Reminder

Yesterday, I made a post in the Legislation forum that quickly turned into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with legislation. It was rightfully locked due to the fact that it was totally off topic for that particular forum.

But since this forum is where religion and philosophy is discussed then that post is very ON TOPIC here. This is a repost:

The Power of Prayer

There's an old saying that goes, "When all else fails, pray". There is a lot of scientific evidence that proves that cancer patients who were prayed for by friends and loved ones often make miraculous recoveries. An example of this is no other than Doyle Brunson who after having been given less two hours to live made an instantaneous recovery from cancer. This was due to a prayer get together that his family organized with a group of friends.

But Doyle was just one of many.

I suggest that we all pray together for the reversal of the evil events that have befallen online poker in the last couple of days. By pooling our energies and intentions during one moment in time, perhaps we can trigger forces in the universe that would create unexpected changes that would shift the winds of fate back in our favor.

On October 4, at exactly 5 p.m. pacific standard time, let us all hold hands (note: since we can't physically hold hands, we can just hold our mouse with our left hands and at the same time put our right hands over our hearts), and with great faith pray to the Creator for some favorable happenings that would stop the tide of evility that has befallen all of us. We don't have to know what specific events would occur. Just that they would occur and that no one would get hurt in the process. Not even the perpetuators of the dastardly deeds.

Remember, the time of this great coming together of all of our souls is exactly on 5 p.m pacific standard time on Oct. 4. NEGATIVE ENERGY PEOPLE (that is, people that do not have faith) ARE NOT INVITED. In fact, they should not even make posts in this thread at all. We don't want negative people sucking our positive energies like vampires do.

I look forward to becoming one with all of you my friends.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Internet Legislation Prayer Reminder

This is the first thread that's made me at all in sympathy with Frist, Kyle and co

Thank you friend.

chez
Old 10-03-2006, 01:51 PM

God didn't help those poor Amish girls as they prayed for his help before they were brutally murdered. Why do you think he would care more about poker?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:24 PM

If I was God I'd definatly pick this prayer to answer out of all the 100's of billions in the world. Just to mess with peoples heads.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of scientific evidence that proves that cancer patients who were prayed for by friends and loved ones often make miraculous recoveries. An example of this is no other than Doyle Brunson who after having been given less two hours to live made an instantaneous recovery from cancer. This was due to a prayer get together that his family organized with a group of friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I've seen including a BBC documentary on the subject contradicts your statement.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stop the tide of evility

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to pray now. The tide of "evility" is over; online poker has been banned. ZING!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:52 PM

I wanted this to just a joke sooooo bad...sadly I don't think it is
Old 10-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Online poker is a force of good. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker is a force of good. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so ready for this account... well?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM

Anyone who posted things like "e-mail your congressman!" has no right to criticize this.