Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM

Default El Diablo should help.

I remember the post a few weeks ago where ELD mentioned how he had partied with Trey Parker and it got me thinking.

Why doesn't ELD use his contacts to see if Matt and Trey would do a SouthPark episode about Frist and online poker. Those 2 are geniuses when it comes to political comedy and I think this could be classic.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Re: El Diablo should help.

[ QUOTE ]
I remember the post a few weeks ago where ELD mentioned how he had partied with Trey Parker and it got me thinking.

Why doesn't ELD use his contacts to see if Matt and Trey would do a SouthPark episode about Frist and online poker. Those 2 are geniuses when it comes to political comedy and I think this could be classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because this topic would be unitnteresting to the majority of the viewers who watch South Park.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Because what most people on this board don't understand is that outside of the extremely small cross-section of American's that make a significant portion of their income from online poker, NOBODY [censored] CARES
Old 10-03-2006, 11:32 AM

This has not been publicized NEARLY enough for this to work... Their humor is built upon satiricizing current events... However they usually take on issues which receive a lot of press.. Most of the time they are very hot issues. I.e. scientology when Tom Cruise was in the news, Al Gore and the environment, that Oprah book... et al.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:34 AM

satiricizing?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
satiricizing?

[/ QUOTE ]

satirizing, satiricizing... w/e... I'm tired.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:38 AM

Also I seem to remember EL D saying he knew them but not that well. For those of you who say they don't care I think you fail to realize how many american's play internet poker the episode could be mainly focused on internet poker and get to the legislation later in it.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I seem to remember EL D saying he knew them but not that well. For those of you who say they don't care I think you fail to realize how many american's still think internet poker is all bots and a giant scam

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I seem to remember EL D saying he knew them but not that well. For those of you who say they don't care I think you fail to realize how many american's play internet poker the episode could be mainly focused on internet poker and get to the legislation later in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that many people play internet poker? You have really been hanging around these boards too long. Get outside of your insulated group.

DN
Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this topic were to make it into the mainstream, wouldn't they be more likely to make fun of the people that were gambling for a living that suddenly had to get jobs once the bankroll dried up?