Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 09:22 PM

Default United Voice

I think everyone is underestimating the strength of US poker players.

There are millions of people and millions of dollars on our side. If we all moved in the same direction, I can't imagine how we wouldn't be louder than the voice for horseracing which was able to get an exemption. The problem is we are not serious enough and way too unorganized. Just look at this forum as an example. Regardless of how much merit someone's idea has, it always gets shot down. Let's start coming up with SOLUTIONS instead of problems. Rather than talking about why an idea won't work, talk about potential obstacles and offer solutions around those obstacles. If we continue to make progress on each idea, we are bound to come up with several viable solutions.

The way I see it, we've already lost the battle on the bill, but we need to keep exploring whether a carveout is possible. If the bill continues as is, we need to put up a fight on how it will be enforced. Finally, the country will be having the elections next month and we need to do everything we can to decide who the best candidates are for online poker, vote for them, and get our friends and family to vote for them. We need to have congressmen that are not only on our side, but are willing to speak up to defend our rights. It sounds like we had senators that prevented Frist from attaching the Internet gambling language to other bills, but not out of concern for internet gambling specifically. This only allowed Frist to keep searching for another bill to attach it to. We needed someone that strongly believed in protecting our individual rights and would prevent him from attaching it to ANY bill.

We were too late this time, but let's not be too late again. United we can have a very strong voice. If it still isn't strong enough, we can enlist the help from other voices like the WTO, ACLU or lobbyists that can fight for our rights. PLEASE, no more joking around, it's time to get serious. It's time to all move in the same direction and restore our freedom to play poker online.

Remember, let's offer solutions, not problems! Every single post should be helping us move in the right direction.

Spidey74
Old 10-02-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: United Voice

we should march on washington ASAP...I'm not even kidding.

Indy
Old 10-02-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how it would go over when the idiots in Washington see all the <21 year-olds marching.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:34 PM

I wonder how it will go over with America when they see the goverment tear gasing teenagers in the street.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent an email to the PPA in support of this. I will be there.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:57 PM

Spidey was right, you guys can't get serious over anything! If I understand the original post correctly, a more constructive post should have been:

"If marching on Washington is the right answer, we need to make sure all demonstrators are over 21 years old."

Also, not all of us are close to Washington DC. Are there alternative locations? I know the Federal Building in Westwood is a popular place for demonstrating in Los Angeles.

I think we need to think about what a protest can do for us? Can we get enough people to join? If the protest is big enough, it might give us some time in the press. Is this what we want? America and congress would know there are many people who care. How might the bible thumpers Frist was originally trying to appease react to this? They might be happy that they may be successful at stopping us.

We need to think a few steps ahead before we make any move!

Please do not ruin this topic or any other leads we might have with more jokes.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:58 PM

Is marching EV-positive?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

why do people need to be over 21? gambling is an over 18 right.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:10 PM

I think a vary wide group of people would show up from all walks of life not just 21 yr kids.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a vary wide group of people would show up from all walks of life not just 21 yr kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

va1halla Dolly, oh va1halla Dolly, it's so nice to have you back ...

[sorry, I just couldn't resist. Today has been very rough]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]